Chapter Five Vairaag Shatak

IKONKAR SATGUR PRASAD.

{Onecreator , realised through the true Guru}.

ATHHPANJVA ADHYIEH ARAMBH. {Commencing the fifth chapter}.

DOHRA

"ATHHPANCHAM ADHIYEH MAEH SAAT SHLOKH ANOOP.

BIDHHKOH DEHT ULANOH BAHO BIDHH BHARTHAR BHOOP."{1}.

Nowin the fifth chapter Bharthari Ji raja utters seven beautiful saloks in theform of ulambeh {grievance} towards Bramha:- {1}.

KABITT

"MOHMANN KOH AJJ KHALL MRIDH PINDH MAKHLUK,

KARRIKATTAR CHINTAH CHAKKAR PARR DHAREH HAIH.

DUKHMAANJ DUKH HORR LAABH HOTT SAANJ BHORR,

DHANDHJORR KARR JORR KARR PHEREH CHALL KAREH HAIH.

ATTARMITTAR BALBH PRAGALBH KULAAL VATT,

KAUNEHVIDDH KAREH VIDDH VAETOH GHAREH GHAREH HAIH.

AHOHMAEH N JAANOH BHORA DEV MOTEH MUKH MORAH,CHINTAH BIKHEH MORAH CHITT NITT JAREH HAIH."{2}.

Ajj= Bramha. Khall = moorakh = fool. Mridh pindh = ball of soil. Bhorr = morning.Jorr karr = accumulated. Makhlukh = ball/mound. Chakkar = potters spinningtable. Jhorr karr = power of hand. Chall kareh = the act of spinning. Attar =else. Bhalabh = close to heart. Pragalbh = wise. Kulaal = potter. Ghareh ghareh= makes clay pots. Ahoh = oh sigh. Bhorah = a very small amount. Morah = toturn around. Jareh = burns.

Moorakh{foolish} Bramha has made my mann {mind} the mound of clay which is constantlyspinning on the metaphorical potter's wheel of chintah {fears}.

Thetorment that gives rise to even further torment is the potter's stick , thismetaphorical stick of torment is used to spin the wheel constantly. Just as akumyiar {potter} manufactures many clay pots and other utensils , in the sameway the metaphorical potter Bramha produces the metaphorical clay pots of mitr{friends} , lovers , and wise etc. Why has he done so?

Haihafsos {oh sigh}! I have not known even an iota of the fact that the creator hasturned his back on me , as a result of which my mann {mind} constantly burns inthe metaphorical kiln of torments.{2}.

KABITT

"KULKOHJOH MAANSOH MAHAAN DRIDH GRANTH AAHEH.

TAAHEHKOH PRABHEDEN KE MAAHEH SYANI BHAARI HAIH.

GUNNGANN KAVVI VAARI VAARI KOH KHIRAAN VAARI.

SUBHARRSOMH UJAIREE LAAJ LATTA KOH KOHTARI HAIH.

MOKHBHOG SUKH AARI DEENTAH KALESH KYARI.

DHEERAJKE DEEP KO SAMAAN BYARI HAARI HAIH.

PEHTKI PITAARI LIYE KROOR MUKHCHARI POORH.

POORHSABHI HAAR TAAGHI VISH SAARI HAIH."{3}.

Dridhgranth = firmly tied knot. Aheh = is . Prabheden = to open. Gann = all. Vaari =orchard. Subhar = beautiful. Somh Ujyari = moonlight. Latta = branch. Kuhtari =axe. Vish = universe. Deep koh = candle like device. Byari = breeze. Haari =causes the destruction of. Kroor = greedy/bad. Mukhchari = Bramha.

Theegoistic pride that resides in the mann {mind} of the high caste/lineage isakin to a tight knot. The elegant kavi jann {poets} who are the metaphoricalorchard of good attributes are the moonlight that blossoms this orchard , andare the axe that cuts this shameful branch.

Theyare a saw to cut peace , there is a flower bed of torment which extinguishesthe light of happiness.

Bramhahas made things so. The stomachs of people never cease to be empty , everyoneis in a constant struggle to fill it. In this way the whole world has been tricked.{3}.

To be continued..............

KABITT

"NAAGHOHKOH AHAAR BYAAR MAATI KEENOH MUKH CHAAR, UDHMANN HINSA VAAR SUKH LAABH HOYEHAIH.

ANKURRTRINAADH SUVAADH SUDHA SOH PRASADH PAIY,PASOOBRINDH AHLAHHADH DHAAR DHARRA SOYEHAIH.

RACHINAROH KEEKBRITT SIDH JOH NAH BINNHA BITT,DHAN SIDHTAH NAMITT GUNN NITT KOYEHAIH.

JANOHSOHVIRODH VIDH KARR KAHA KEENOH SIDH RANDHI,POOT SAMM TAIHEH DANDHINAIHEH KOIYEHAIH."{4}.

Mukhchaar = Bramha. Ankurr = agriculture. Sudha = Amrit. Ahaar = intake. Byaar =air. Prasadh = food. Brindh = all. Ahehlaadh = bliss. Soye = sleeps. Kubritt =bad earnings. Bitt = wealth. Sidhtah = acquisition. Vidh = Bramha. Dhandhi =provider of punishment.

Bramhamade the intake of snakes to be air and soil , the acquisition of which neitherrequires effort or murder and as such is obtained easily. Agriculture and grassare the intake of bovine which is akin to sweet taste for them. They consumethis and rest on the ground in a blissful manner.

Onlythe upjeevkah {sustenance} of humans is made bad , which cannot be obtainedwithout wealth. The acquisition of this wealth involves the erosion of goodattributes. What has Bramha achieved by being an enemy of mankind? I have cometo know that no one can punish Bramha.{4}.

SORTAH

"BHAVVNIDDH TARAN MAJJAR BALLI NARAN KI TARUN DHEE. BIDDH NAH TAAHEH AHAAR KATT ULTEEBIDH NAH KIYOH." {5}.

To swimacross the metaphorical world ocean the young age is considered to be morestronger. Why did Bramha not make mankind's sustenance of a more independentmeans? Why has he not done this an inverse manner? {rhetorical question}.{5}.

To be continued..............

KABITT

"AADHBYAADH BRINDH ROGH TAAHEH KE SANJOG KARR, AUOH MAEH AROGH KOH VIJOGH BHAYHOHATT HAIH.

PUNNARAMMA JAHAH VASEH TAANTEH KHAGH VATT NASEH, KHULLEH DUAREH VATT DHASSEH BIPPTAHMAHATT HAIH.

JOHJOH NIRR MAYOH BHAOPARR VASS TAAHEH KAAL, TAAT KAAL NIJJ VASS AVASS KARAT HAIH.

AJJJOH AKUNDEH KEENOH KAAKI SUBH BITT CHEENOH, BEDH LOKH MATT SOH N KOH SATTHAIH." {6}.

Thethree types of torment have eroded my precious life. Where wealth exists , ifthat wealth was to diminish then this a cause of great torment. Whosoever isborn has become the victim of torment , they all succumb to death ultimately.

Bramhais without punishment , the result of which he has made everyone the subject oftorment.{6}.

To be continued.............

KABITT

"BANSRIKI DHAVANHA KAHOOH HA HA ITT RONHA KAHOOH, SHRESHTAN KI GHOSHT KAHOOH DUSHTAHHARAT HAIH.

ANDHDHEE SURACHI KAHOOH MAHA KATT VAACHI KAHOOH, SYAMA ABHIRAMA MANN HARR ATT HAIH.

KAHOOHDUSHT KUSHT SANGH GAREH ANGH KASHT SAHEH, SADHA JALPATT RAHEH JAISEH JALLPATTHAIH.

RACHNANIRANKUSH BIRANCH KEENH JAANEH HAMM, SUDHA ROOP KI VIKKH ROOP EH JAGGATHAIH." {7}.

Dhavanah= sound being produced. Shreshten = good people. Ghosht = discussion. Andh dhee= intellectually blind. Surachi = consuming alcohol. Katt = bitter. Vaachi =they speak. Syama = 16 year old female. Rammah = female. Harr att = steals.Kusht = leprosy. Gareh = rotten. Angh = body. Jalpatt = crying in torment.Jalpatt = ocean. Birach = Bramha.

In

some places there is the melody of flutes etc. , in some places there is the cryof pain , in some places discussions regarding Sants are taking place , and inother places tyrants are tormenting other folk.

Insome places the intellectually blind are consuming alcohol , some bad peopleare uttering bitter words , and in some places the magnificently beautifulsixteen year old female is the focus of attention. In some places people areenduring many torments akin to a fiercely burning fire.

Wecannot even begin to understand the creation of Bramha , i.e. whether it isAmrit {sweet} or jehar {poison}! {7}.

To be continued.............

KABITT

"RUCHATTSUMER SOH NA AAVEH KAHOOH KAAM JOH NA, NIJJ GAURTAH MAEH SONAH SADHA GALTAANHAIH.

JEEVJEH SANTOKH KARR TRIPT SADEEV TARR, TAKOH SEKNAH ANAND REHYOH KASHOOH AAN HAIH.

PUNNAJAIEE AAN JANN DANN LOBH KARR MANN, VIAKULL HAIH JAAH KE TAH KI TRISHNA N HAANHAIH.

KAUNKE NIMITT AISEE SAMPDAH AMITT RACHI,ITTBIDH KARKE N BIDH BUDHMAANHAIH."{8}.

Ruchitt= not pleasing. Gaurtah = greatness. Galtaan = intoxicated in. Sekh = others.Haan = diminishing. Amitt = limitless.

Thesumer parbat {high mountain} does not please me because it is golden , gold forme is futile and also it remains intoxicated in its greatness.

Thosewho remain content are perpetually satisfied , for them there is nothing morepleasing than being content.

Thenthere are others whose minds are tormented with greed , their yearning neverceases even if they were to acquire several huge mountains.

Forwhom has this limitless wealth been created? , the contemplation of this suggeststhat Bramha is not intelligent.{8}.

To be continued...............

KABITT

"PURKHRATTAN GUNN GANN KOH SADDHAN PUNNAH, PAURAKH KE AIYE TANN PARAM PRABEENA HAIH.

SAARIDHARRA KOH SINGAAR JADHAJADD KE SIRDAAR,MOKH BHOG KOH BHANDAR CHAAR LAKH LEENAHAIH.

CHATTARBADHAN KOH CHATTAR HAMM CHEENOTABBH,PRITHMEH JOH AISEH NARR UTTPATT KEENA HAIH.

PRITHMEHJOH AISEH NARR UTTPATT KEENA HAIH.

TAAHKE PAASHEH TATTKHIN NASHT KAREH HAH HAH KASHT,ITT BIDDH BIDHNAAKOH PANDIT NCHEENA HAIH."{9}.

Rachitt= priceless. Sadhan = house. Paurakh = strength. Aiyetann = Home. Prabeena =wise. Dharra = land. Jaddajadd = lifeless. Chaar = pleasant/beautiful. ChattarBadhan = Four faces of Bramha.

Thepriceless human life is the abode of all good attributes , vast strength , andof great wisdom.

Humansare the singaar {beauty} of the land , they are the superior species of all theother life forms , and can endure all the material and spiritual pleasures. Wehave considered the four faced Bramha to be very wise for creating such speciesas mankind.

Soonafter afterwards he destroys the life which is a matter of great sorrow for me, and upon seeing Bramha in this light I have considered him to be a moorakh{fool} rather than Pandit {scholar/wise}.{9}.

DOHRA

"BHARATSHATAKVAIRAAG KOH DHAIY PANCHMOH ANTT.

DOHSHAROHP BIRANCH KO HAR DYAL VARNANT."{10}.

BharthariJi's Vairaag Shatak's fifth adyhai {chapter} has been completed. In thiscomplaints have been aired against Bramha , in the form of referring to him asa Pandit.{10}.

ITT PANCHMO ADYHAI{5}.

{Endof chapter five}.