A Tight Slap On The Caste System In Sikhism.

JSinghnz

That is exactly what I am trying to convey that there is no caste system in Sikhism but we have been divided on the basis of caste by our enemies.

I will see I have succeeded in getting this message across to you when you stop saying,"I'm actually married to someone who in caste system is higher status than me." and start saying I have no caste because I am a PROUD SIKH.

Gurdssingh, that stereotype is true, it really isn't a stereotype anymore. People are doing bhangra on their parents jameen, cutting their hair and going into alcoholism.

Singh559, this discussion is about ignoring and snubbing all kind of stereotypes. This discussion is about changing our way of thinking. The whole idea

is to stop talking of caste and creed in our religion. FULL STOP.

Singh559, this discussion is about ignoring and snubbing all kind of stereotypes. This discussion is about changing our way of thinking. The whole idea

is to stop talking of caste and creed in our religion. FULL STOP.

Okay, if we stop talking about it and close our eyes hopefully it will go away.

Gurdssingh, that stereotype is true, it really isn't a stereotype anymore. People are doing bhangra on their parents jameen, cutting their hair and going into alcoholism.

So then theres no point in moaning about how bollywood sterotypes Sardars right. "because there are so many like that!". Geezer only reason is because majority of Sikhs are from what you would call a jatt background. Lets be realistic most Sikhs are not amritdhari or even keshdhari (ok, you can argue the definition of a Sikh and we all no a Sikh is amritdhari, but we all know we class people as Sikh just because they have Sikh ancestory or identify with the faith. As only a small minority are Amritdhari).

JSinghnz, I say I'm a proud Sikh, but I'm only accepted as one by more orthodox Sikhs when is required. E.g would be when we need numbers then we are Sikhs otherwise we are not. (I do not grow kesh). Like census in UK, or 1984 rememberance rally 'come down to your local gurdwara if you never tied a turban and get someone to help, we want a sea of orange', or how about the riots in summer (don't know about Brum), but not many tyar bar tyar Singhs around.

Also i don't see the reason as to why if i have Jatt (Sandhu) heritage I should need to be ashamed of it, I'm not saying YO! look at me - mere Jatt AHH!, Like some Sikhs from certains backgrounds will be ashamed of their background. (like non-amritdhari). We all know Sikhi has no place for caste system BUT don't be so naive to even think it doesn't exist. Theres so many Gurdwareh based on caste, like just look at the Ramgharia Bunga's in vicnity of Sri Harmandir Sahib. Yes I know the history of why Ramgarhia is associated with a caste. As until Misl period their was no such caste association. It's all to do with Jassa Singh (not Alhuwalia), who lived in his fort named Ram Garh so all artisans espically tarkhans as was Jassa Singh Ramgharia, took it on. But unfortunately the point I'm making is even Sri Harmandir Sahib has in it's vacinty caste asssociation.

Okay, if we stop talking about it and close our eyes hopefully it will go away.

Do you reckon I started this thread to make anyone stop or closing our to

this evil in our religion. I started this is to try to change our petty mindset

and be proud to call ourselves SIKHS.

So then theres no point in moaning about how bollywood sterotypes Sardars right. "because there are so many like that!". Geezer only reason is because majority of Sikhs are from what you would call a jatt background. Lets be realistic most Sikhs are not amritdhari or even keshdhari (ok, you can argue the definition of a Sikh and we all no a Sikh is amritdhari, but we all know we class people as Sikh just because they have Sikh ancestory or identify with the faith. As only a small minority are Amritdhari).

JSinghnz, I say I'm a proud Sikh, but I'm only accepted as one by more orthodox Sikhs when is required. E.g would be when we need numbers then we are Sikhs otherwise we are not. (I do not grow kesh). Like census in UK, or 1984 rememberance rally 'come down to your local gurdwara if you never tied a turban and get someone to help, we want a sea of orange', or how about the riots in summer (don't know about Brum), but not many tyar bar tyar Singhs around.

Also i don't see the reason as to why if i have Jatt (Sandhu) heritage I should need to be ashamed of it, I'm not saying YO! look at me - mere Jatt AHH!, Like some Sikhs from certains backgrounds will be ashamed of their background. (like non-amritdhari). We all know Sikhi has no place for caste system BUT don't be so naive to even think it doesn't exist. Theres so many Gurdwareh based on caste, like just look at the Ramgharia Bunga's in vicnity of Sri Harmandir Sahib. Yes I know the history of why Ramgarhia is associated with a caste. As until Misl period their was no such caste association. It's all to do with Jassa Singh (not Alhuwalia), who lived in his fort named Ram Garh so all artisans espically tarkhans as was Jassa Singh Ramgharia, took it on. But unfortunately the point I'm making is even Sri Harmandir Sahib has in it's vacinty caste asssociation.

So you will not understand the conveyed message and carry on like a broken record that you are a so called member of a caste

and I am not naive. I am only trying to break this mindset of ignorant people like you.

Mod Note: Sangat ji, please refrain from using any derogatory words, remarks on the forum. Thank you.

Why i'm i described as ignorant. I know the facts. It just that you can't have it both ways either I am Sikh and so is my family (married to non-born Sikh, and have 2 kids I cut my hair) when it suits me to be described as a Sikh or I'm a triator to the faith as I have been called alot worse and have been made to feel very uncomfortable.