Amrit

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

I can't speak English very much, so I speak in Punjabi: hope u understand! :)

Main Amritdhari bann na choundi aa. Tuhade vicho koun koun Amritdhari hai? Tusi Amritdhari kyu bann da faisla kitta? Te tusi kidda da feel kar rahe ho hun?

Maaf kardeo agar main kujh galat keh ditta howe

Bole So Nihaal, Sat Sri Akal!!!!!

many people who write in this forum are amritdhari. and many are also non-amritdhari.

its amazing being an amritdhari. feelings of those who are amritdhari, say that the feeling of being amritdhari cannot be described.

and we must take our destiny as sikhs, and become amritdhari.

there are 4 things that we canot do. and its what guru gobind singh ji says.

1. eat any kind of meat (because sikhs do not distinguish the type of meat just because u kill it in a certian way. i.e. halaal / chatka) so killing somthing in one way, and not another way, does not make that meat holy.

2. take any kind of mind altering will altering substance, aka, intoxicants, drugs.. we must control our mind. and learn how to, ourselves.

3. cut any hair whatsoever on our body or anyone elses as these are spiritual antennas for naam vibration. and they will vibrate if u try!

4. and do haraam.

these are the 4 things that we cannot do. the 5th optional one is dying hair, or the body. as in tatooz etc.

haraam is lots of things. mainly adultry, but inclusive of sexual relations before one is ready. i.e. b4 marrage.

these are the main things.

other things that if u keep on doing, that will brek ur amrit, is as follows... so...

haram is also, making sum one elses heart upside down (khraab) i.e. hurting sum 1. ; speaking bad to somone and shouting, as this breaks the love you hav for god (says gurbani). and anything else. thas bad..

haraam litterally means the things u cannot do / shouldnt do.. (its more the things that you >cannot< do.)

hope this helps!

OH, and we must wear the 5 Ks.

these rehetname are not gospel. i read them, and jus think, well.. wth.. thats rong, thas silly.. things like, non-ATz cant do seva, / serve ATz etc.. wthel..

anything that will take u to sikhi, towards your guru, do that! and i take it that you feel that you want to wear a bana (assuming your the non-AT) cuz u feel that u want to take a step forward to sikhi. so id say, yes, wear it.

plus, at akj smagams, i see lots of non-ATz wearing a bana. etc..

however, wearing a bana, is to stand out from the crowd. and ifsum 1 (however rare these days!) is in truble, are you ready to help them etc? having posed this question to you, i know that lots of ATz are not ready to sacrifice what they need to, even if they like to stand out form the crowd.. buti suspect these kind of people are rare. i suspect that even non ATz wud try to help a person in need! wearing a bana is standing out of the crowd. do so with pride,and the knowledge that you are now, in service to the sangat.

our ultimate bana, is our rehet. kes and kakaar. we can wear whatever needs to be worn.. they just clothes. i personally, preffernot to crawattention to myself. but i will always stand up for whats right, even if they conflict with my beliefs (however rare :p )