edmonton sadh sangat smagam

raj karega veerji...

we did answer your question....it's simple...the gurdwaras have programs already set...and yes...what is the difference between a registered gurdwara and a hall that has been THOROUGHLY cleaned up lovingly by sangata and beautifully decorated for Guru sahib to give darshan....do you think guru ji won't see the devotion and love that goes into preparing the hall for his arrival??????

and someone brought up a valid point about booking earlier...although it's a good suggestion...however...the list of samagams and dates is prepared at the beginning of every year (december/january) by the sevadaars while they are at the main samagam in india...so you can see...it's not entirely possible to ask a year in advance for an unknown date...

thirdly to SIngh veerji.... i agree that samagams should be in gurdwaras...you can ask most sadh sangat attendees and they will agree with you... however, it's not always possible for this to happen...and in that case...what would you rather the sangat to do?...not have a samagam? or rent a place and do as MUCH AS THEY CAN to create an atmosphere that is suitable for guru ji and sangat.....i know for a fact that the times when samagams are in halls, every effort is made by sangat to treat guru ji with utmost respect, and they go to very far lengths to ensure that there isn't beadbi happening of Guru ji......

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fatah

Waheguruji ka khalsa waheguruji ke fateh..............

i just want to say that edmonton has 4 gurudwaras. 2 in the northside which are not always booked and 2 in the southside where they usually are booked but not always. with 4 gurudwaras is it really that hard to get a smagam booked there?

i just dont understand how this is different people taking guruji to a hotel for weddings?

this is a community centre and IS used for parties where there have been people smoking and drinking.

Waheguruji ka khalsa waheguruji ke fateh

actually the community center also holds their church get togethers there, i don't think they have too many party's ----- if any, and it is cleaned for many hours before the samagam. Plus it is also a day care so i don't think theres any alchohol laying around there during the day.

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...t=ST&f=2&t=6967

Please check out the above link. The last paragraph of the Akal Takhat Hukamnama states that it begs of Sangat to please to UTMOST sathkaar (respect) of Guru Granth Sahib if one is holding a Samagum for any reason. I believe that Sangat does a more than good enough job of this.

Also, to serve liquor, one needs a license. I believe this hall doesn't have one so the alcohol problem is not a question.

GurFateh!