Happy Thanksgiving

Singh559

Dare I say there's parallels between the covert character assassination of the Native American at the hands of the the white American powers-that-be, and the way in which the classic image of the Sikh has been subverted by the Indian government (in terms of Bollywood) over the years, i.e. the portrayal of Sikhs as bumbling, hot-headed, kirpan-wielding simpletons whose only contribution to a situation is a jakaara and a charge into oblivion, or in recent years nothing more than a supporting act and / or comic relief. It's all about undermining the respective histories and achievements of Sikhs (and Native Americans in their particular example), and ensuring future generations that belong to both races / religions shy away from learning the truth about their heritage and forefathers.

As the SAS moto goes - "He who dares, Wins" You hit that nail firmly on its head my brother.

Only differences I can see in the two situations, was the period in which the attrocities and false propaganda took place and the fact that some Sikhs were albe to escape the genocide and inform the world from the outside where as the natives we're stuck right there and unaware of it happening right in the back yard.