Ravidassia Times on Twitter

Azaad

So whats the solution:-

1) Do camps at Ravidassia Gurdwara's and spread the true message of Sikhi to any disillusioned Ravidassia youth.

i have been to the local Guru Ravidas gurdwara to ask the committee if they objected to any of their youngsters coming to a camp at our gurdwara. they said no objections, but no one came from their side even though we left them forms and posters.

But both Shaheed of Garhi Chamkour Sahib Baba Sangat Singh Jee and Shaheed of Saka Chhote Sahibzadiyan di Shaheedi Baba Moti Ram Mehra are of the same baradree as Bhagat Baba Ravidas Jee.

Bhai Moti Ram was of Mehra caste, hence it forminbg part of his name. Mehra caste is different from chamar.

There is a book called Sikh history from persian sources, and it says something along the lines "that even when outcastes like sweepers and leatherworkers came back to their respective villages after joining Dal Khalsa in their battles, they were treated as Kings, and tghe whole village obeyed their instructions."

i have been to the local Guru Ravidas gurdwara to ask the committee if they objected to any of their youngsters coming to a camp at our gurdwara. they said no objections, but no one came from their side even though we left them forms and posters.

Let's not beat around the bush. Given the kind of sustained, ignorant nonsense this community have been on the receiving end of by other horrible, haughty Sikhs for a good while now, is it really a surprise that they aren't running into our arms now? 'Once bitten, twice shy' as the saying goes.

There is a book called Sikh history from persian sources, and it says something along the lines "that even when outcastes like sweepers and leatherworkers came back to their respective villages after joining Dal Khalsa in their battles, they were treated as Kings, and tghe whole village obeyed their instructions."

Contrast that to how they are treated by apnay these days. We've gone seriously astray - not them. They've just reacted to our buckwaas.

Given that, it is ridiculous when people try to vilify them for walking out on being treated like third rate scum. What kind of twisted mind actually thinks that they should 'grin and bear' that kind of crap 'for the sake of the panth'??

I'd leave myself if I was getting sustained, horrible treatment like that - how the hell can I blame them? And I hope no pindu imbecile pulls out that nonsense about 'oh, oh, your faith must be weak then!' like our faith ever excused our own lot treating others amongst us like scum.

Gareeb niwaaz anyone?