Legs needed for Joginder Singh

Guest AnaadKaur

Guest AnaadKaur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhPAZDUVrH4

To Donate: www.justgiving.com/manjit-kaur1

Seva84 is a charity that provides much needed help to the colonies of 1984 victims around Delhi. Im making an appeal for Bhai Joginder Singh Ji so he can walk again

Last year I saw a photo of a devout Sikh, Joginder Singh Ji, a resident of Tilak Vihar at a Seva84 stall (widow colony Delhi). After enquiring, from Seva84 I learnt that:

- Joginder Singh lost his legs under a train in February 2012

- The main source of income in the house has stopped because Joginder could no longer work

- Joginder’s family can not afford a pair of artificial legs.

- Only one person in Joginder Singh’s household has an income. Bhai sahibs daughter works as a maid in the house of a middle class family

As I have relatives who work in the health field in Delhi, I offered the assistance of my family to utilise their contacts in the health field to help with this particular case (and another caseSeva84 is working on).

- both Seva84 and our relatives have searched all over India for the best option for Bhai sahib

- many trusts in India have refused Bhai Sahib help due to the expense required

- a trust that is renowned for giving legs for free offered legs at a reduced cost. But the quality of these legs is not good enough for daily wear / work. Health advisors agreed buying these legs would be a waste as they do not meet Joginder’s requirements.

Bhai Joginder Singh Ji wants a pair of legs that are suitable for daily work. The most suitable legs that we have found, which bhai sahib also feels are ideal are:

- A pair of legs where amputation is above the knee

- Safety knee joints, energy restoring dynamic foot, carbon laminated socket, cosmetic foam, tes belt, and multi bar knee joint with lock (in the left leg).

- Includes training, and all clinical charges

- Energy restoring dynamic foot carbon laminate

These are not the highest quality legs. These are a good quality pair of legs suitable for daily use and for work. These legs also come with a 2 YEAR structural warranty.

The most suitable pair of legs we have managed is for around RS2.3 lacs (£2700-£2800).

I would like to raise at least £2800 to ensure that Bhai Joginder Singh Jee can receive a set of artificial legs which is appropiate for daily use and work.

Please can we all donate whatever we can afford to ensure joginder Singh gets a pair of legs because he dearly wishes to walk, work and earn a living for his family.

Thank you.