Gym at your Gurdwara

Jaspaul Singh

it all comes down to funding-

smethwick and soho rd Gurughars have massive sangats and greater strength in obtaining grants from councils as the money is used to support the local community in some way. I wish smethwick was half as good as soho road Gurughar in getting grants for this type of thing! Soho rd have more supporters in the local regeneration, community and council departments like planning than smethwick have in the sandwell council

Nuff respect to SYCC :wub: and local projects run by youth for youth- in the big scheme of things these are the most important as they bring more naujawans into Sikhi and yet ironically they're often the least funded

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure.. i think (and this is my own stupid view) that SOME ppl just go to the gurudwara for food and gossip - the introduction of a gym would increase chance to gossip and lose the weight they put on from the langar. I think other methods of educating the youth about Sikhi should be done.... :T: but, im still trying to work out which other ways they are.

I agree with that.. Maybe we shouldn't stress on Gym side that much.. :T: Join 24hrs fitness :wub:

There used to be a Gym at my Local Gurudwara Rosebury Avenue, Manor Park.................but in their wisdom the Gurudwara closed it down...........

.............Then we started training at the Gurudwara at Upton Park..............but the as*holes their made it so difficult for us to get into the gym and plus they wouldn't replace equipment we just started training at Wag Bennets on Romford Road.................:wub:

............How are we supposed to improve the well being of the Khalsa with idiots like this running the show............