Bani Sakhian

Vjkk Vjkf Ji,

I want to know if sangat know the bania stories ; why the banis were recited (I know but sakhian behind them) I.e. JapJiSahib- I think was a conversation with sidhs also sidh gosaT, so if pyaaree Saadh Sangat has any gyaan on this topic please don't hesitate to 'colour' us in with the gyaan

Anand Sahib Uthanka:-

A jogi aged 1000 years came to Guru Amardas ji at Goindwal and did benti that he could not attain "anand" after going through so much of tapaseya. Please bless me with the daat of "anand". Guru sahib asked him to take birth as his grandson, as Baba Mohri ji's son as his age was too much now, then you'll be blessed with anand. So Jogi surrendering himself to Guru sahib's bachans left his body and took birth as Guru sahib's grandson. When the new born child was placed in Guru sahib's lap, Guru sahib did bachans " aa gaye anand ji, anand lain vaste" . Guru sahib started uttering "Anand sahib" path and named the child as "Anand". Guru sahib asked sangat to sing this bani aloud at that time.

Sahib Sri Guru HarGobind Singh Sahib ji called Baba Anand ji in paalki by saying that we have not done any service of Guru Amardas ji's generation. While baba Anand ji was coming in the paalki (covered from all sides), Guru sahib came and took one of the paalki sahara on his shoulders and asked others not to say anything. But baba Anand ji was brahgyani, so he came to know about this and jumped out of the paalki and threw himself to Guru sahib's charans.

Giani Thakur Singh ji - Katha Anand Sahib

Giani Ji said if one is feeling sad or gloomy, should do or listen to "Anand Sahib" bani continously. It'll give immense happiness and saroor.

This is the only bani that is read on all occasions - birth, marriage as well as death.

Bhul chuk maaf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use