Airport Security Checking In Usa

Guest Guest

WJKK WJKF

Sangat ji,

I will be traveling to the states and going to Newark airport & Washington Dulles for the first time.

Would anyone mind sharing your experiences going through security checking as an Amritdhari Sikh?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

WJKK WJKF

Thanks very much for the link. It seems there have been 16 reports submitted for Newark, that's worrying. Although the website and app do not provide detail of the reports.

Does anyone have first hand experience who might also share some advice?

Guest coneflywithme

I went last month to jfk n smiked at the guy. N they were great. On arrival the immigration guy was cool he asked if I was sikh n how its pronounced seek or sik etc n jus small talk. When we left usa the aairport security were jus as good they asked to swab test our dastars n checked us like everyone else. N guy was shouting east enders eastenders loll ...we went to statue of liberty n told them that were sikh n wearing article of faith called kirpan n they spoke to supervisor n let us thru. The empire state security were stricter n we wud need to leave it. But airport security was absolutely fine better than london.i think jus bein polite saying hello or morning goes along way too