Sgpc Starts Restoration Work On Five Forts In Anandpur Sahib

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

SGPC starts restoration work on five forts in Anandpur Sahib

September 24, 2014 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau

Anandpur Sahib, Punjab: The restoration work on five forts built by Guru Gobind Singh was started by Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee here today. The restoration of the forts is part of a year-long celebration of the 350th anniversary of Anandpur Sahib, which was founded on June 19.

Gurdwara-Lohgarh.jpg

Gurdwara Lohgarh

Labh Singh has been handed over the kar sewa of Anandgarh Sahib Fort, while Dilbagh Singh and Sulakhar Singh have taken up kar sewa of Taragarh Fort. Amrik Singh and Joginder Singh Dumeliwale will restore Holgarh and Lohgarh Forts, respectively. Fort Fatehgarh Sahib will be restored by Baba Bachan Singh from Delhi.

SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said 15 nagar kirtan processions from different parts of the country would soon arrive in Anandpur Sahib.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• idk if it is but if it is the r/sikh mod he is nice and not rude...
    • is it the same turbanator from youtube who comment on every basics of sikhi video 
    • yes bibi rajni was married off to a leper by her father for her refusal to worship him instead of raam/gopal/akaal purakh she remained firm and took her husband village to village and was now thrown into a life of poverty she was married to a disabled man with leprosy and was told by her father to deal with the consequences of not worshipping him and told her to go find her waheguru/akaal purakh/raam now she carried her leper husband in a tokra basket on her head through villages and did work like a banjaras at different households until she reached amritsar sarovar she left (probably for work), while husband went for sarovar and when he came out he was cured (some versions say sikh villagers around told him to jap waheguru as he took the dip) he held onto a twig on a tree with his pinky so he wouldnt drown as he took ishnan he was cured but bibi rajni his wife did not recognize him so there was commotion to which villagers told them to go to dhan dhan sri guru raam das ji to whom bibi rajni begged for the man in front of her to be punished thinnking he killed her husband  but guru sahib told the (husband) to show his chichi (pinky finger) which wasn't dipped in the sarovar and thus remained with leper marks which proved that he was indeed the husband (he was told by guru sahib to dip the finger and his finger was cured as well to which bibi rajni believed him) duni chand the arrogant father of bibi rajni came and asked for forgiveness, and i think he had four daughters or so and no son and thus adopted the former lepor as his son  one of my favorite sakhis from childhood 
    • I am from cali, and at least a third of kids here are stoners I know a guy who often ties a pagg to school (sometimes a simple pendu parna) and I have caught him vaping some times in the bathroom 
    • haha im called a fundamentalist, and I haven't even taken amrit yet  "tu ta bada kattar aa yaar"  these things are why we are behind (especially intellectually, while we have puratan records, and we should be grateful for how much we have preserved, but I think most of would do anything to go back in time and record everything ourselves)

Important Information

Terms of Use