Sign in to follow this  
Guest coolperson

Help Please

Guest coolperson

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh :D

This is not really gupt but I need help, I am starting University soon and really want to wear dastar. I am looking for Voile and Rubia material for my dastar. I am going india soon and hoping to buy it there but how do you say voile and rubia in punjabi? ??? I know, a really stupid question lol but please help! Need to know what they are called in punjabi ? I even tried google translater, but useless LOL

Please don't close this topic :( Help :D

GUPT SINGHNI :D

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• That's an interesting observation, a lot of us old folks (well, those who have children going through the education system) may remember going to school and having nothing but christian based assemblies with occasional "Asian" one thrown into the mix.  I think that's a decision parents have to take individually, if they feel that a Sikh ethos school should only mean they teach Sikhi then they don't fully understand how the education system works, i think what they are looking for is a Sikh religious school. My kids go to a Sikh ethos school in the midlands (not Nishkam), they have and take part in Sikh assemblies and ones from other religions, the make up of that school is majority Sikh, I've never heard of a parent complaining about it. If by learning about another religion or taking part in an assembly somehow makes your belief in your religion less then that's something you need to work on, as i mentioned above, i grew up having to take part in Christian assemblies, my religion stayed resolute.
    • Where does the money come from? Hindu organisations ? Indian government?  Punjab is lost cause for Sikhs now...we cant say anything or ask justice ow we'll end up in Jail..  
    • It comes from the  need to acommodate and be all inclusive. Our people feel the need to deprecate our needs and prioritise others over ourselves.  There are elements of gora society that does this and we follow suit.
    • It's not hate, people just disagree with their fanaticism for interfaith. In the new Niskham West London school they make sure that the kids who are a majority Sikh have to take part a Hindu, Muslim and Christian assembly during the week. There is probably just a handful of Muslim, Hindu and Christian kids in the scholl and yet the make the majority Sikh kids take part in these assemblies. Khalsa Primary School in Norwood Green does not do this and the have a daily divan in the Gurdwara Sahib. 
    • Christian missionaries, and muslims orgs are worldwide, hence its in billions. SGPC is in millions, it can atleast do something in north India

Important Information

Terms of Use