Seeking The Right Guidance ..

VJKK VJKF

I have recently come back on this forum and from the last time I was on here, it feels as if I have gone round in one big circle. Since then, a lot of bad has happened which has brought me back to sikhi. I have always had a deep interest in Sikhi and hope that I have the will power to become a gursikh some day

The problem is that I have associated with a bad crowd and I do not have any gursikh friends to get me away from them. Recently I have distanced myself all together from this crowd but now I'm just alone

I was wondering whether there was anyone out there to help me get through this and encourage and guide me towards sikhi? It would be great to have some sort of support when it comes to keeping my kesh etc. It would also be nice to have a friend who I can share my feelings and thoughts on sikhi with as at the moment I have noone

Thank you

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

I have recently come back on this forum and from the last time I was on here, it feels as if I have gone round in one big circle. Since then, a lot of bad has happened which has brought me back to sikhi. I have always had a deep interest in Sikhi and hope that I have the will power to become a gursikh some day

The problem is that I have associated with a bad crowd and I do not have any gursikh friends to get me away from them. Recently I have distanced myself all together from this crowd but now I'm just alone

I was wondering whether there was anyone out there to help me get through this and encourage and guide me towards sikhi? It would be great to have some sort of support when it comes to keeping my kesh etc. It would also be nice to have a friend who I can share my feelings and thoughts on sikhi with as at the moment I have noone

Thank you

VJKK VJKF

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki Fetah.

Let me first start by saying congratulations on trying to embrace Sikhism. I know what you're going through in a way, Thoe Bad things that happened. Learn from them, what caused them? what actions did you take for them to come to this? Once you evaluate what was causing you stress, Now you thank waheguru. Firstly for giving you the strength to get through them and secondly for providing (in a way) a path to put you back in line with goodness.

Being lonely is a really horrible curse. You need to surround yourself with Positive Sangat. The people here, we fight, we bicker, we act like children. But we're all in a weird way connected. We get angry at each other, say meaningless things but at the same time in nearly everyone here, the love of Sikhism has bound us together. If you're ever lonely come on here, take part in the discussions. Learn from us and then teach us if we are doing wrong or getting something wrong.

In real life don't starve yourself of Company. We should keep the company of GurSikhs and those who have a positive influence in our life. Find friends who are kind, caring, tolerant and have a good worth Ethic. Surround yourself with such a nature that the goodness will also absorb into you.

Attend the Gurudwara as much as you can. Even when it's not "open" and by that I mean no Akhand Path or the sangat is almost gone from there. Attend it, go upstairs, do Patt in the presence of Maharaj, do seva there and then also attend during open days. Do Seva, talk to the Sevadar there. I'm sure there are people who can help and teach you what you need to know. Feel free to PM some of the members here. We have some right gems who knows quite a bit about Sikhism. Check our the Videos on youtube by BasicsofSikhi. He explains everything and then uses Gurbani to back up where he is coming from.

As for keeping Kesh.

I would suggest you start the process of keeping it by slowly going into it. Right now (in August) things are hot, so i woudl advise let your head kesh start to grow. BY the time winter comes it should be a decent length and since it's cold you'll instinctively feel better as it provides some sort of warmth.

You're beard and hair in other regions will be harder. Of course you can go straight into it and with Maharaj's kirpa you might adjust to it immediately. But if you feel that appraoch is too sudden, Let it grow as slowly as possible. Slowly let it become a part of you.

I hope this helps and im sure there will be more answers here to come from Sikhs who know more on this matter.

Good luck