Sikh Marriage (Urgent)

g0311

Hi Guys,

This is one very important question I neex a true answer to. I am from a Shimba caste, and the girl is from a Jatt caste.

I have seen this girl I really like.. it has been almost two years and I have literally fallen in love with her. She knows I really really like her but there is one problem stopping this, her family. I have recently been told that because of my surname, its the reason why we cant take the relationship further. Her family are quite Jatt caste strict background.

I do not understand why sokhism have casfte issues.. I aint no gora.. no black or any other religion.. I am a human.. I am a sikh.. and I need an answer of what can be done..

If you really love someone, but you cant be happy yourself because you will upset many other people is not how youshould live your life.

Hey Simran, I have seen this also.. and a few other clips shown on youtube regarding this.. Idealy I would love to find out if there would be any way possible, we could be together, my family will accept the girl but obviously they wont accept me as I aint the same caste. Im a sikh.. im a human.. people say actions speak louder than words so why does a name matter.. pisses me off big time, we're all humans at the end of the day.. and the old generation need to move on. If you cant be happy.. why live.

Has anyone had any expperience of this issue?

Yes I have.. but ideally could do with finding a story or experience with exact same caste as I am.. and she is.. its a hard topic.

Why would the exact same caste make a difference of experiences of other caste marriage problems? The experience is still the same regardless of the caste. Sikhs don't believe in caste.

This is the problem, I believe castes dont exist.. but family's still do.. need to work something out.. thanks for your help Simran.

The thing is you need to make them aware that caste has no place in Sikhi, and go by those values which have been told to us by the Gurus and ask them to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and then ask why it's s problem.

If you are in India, I'm not sure but just guessing then it maybe more difficult to communicate with them. But do your homework and it's up to you how to go about this, without hurting anybody either, with a humble attitude.

Guest Jacfsing2

I do not understand why sokhism have casfte issues.. I aint no gora.. no black or any other religion.. I am a human.. I am a sikh.. and I need an answer of what can be done..

What's "Sokhism"? But if you truly love this person you should marry them; however, marriage is also suppose to unite the 2 families, with that I'll say just be really convincing.

If those people do not want you to marry their daughter you should accept that because it is their daughter who they raised. They did not raise her to see this intercaste rishta come up, right? It is best that you stay away from people that still believe in no equality. In our religion a rishta is not built upon infatuation anyways, you should marry someone who's family has the same mindset as you. Sikhs do not build rishtas upon moh and kaam (which is in love marriages). You are saying you love her and that is why you are going to marry her right..? No Sikh thinks like that because men and women are seen as brothers and sisters or fathers/mothers when we are not married.

That's it write everything else, but don't support that caste has no place in Sikhi.

"In our religion a rishta is not built upon infatuation anyways, you should marry someone who's family has the same mindset as you."

Oh chup Kar, siddi kio nai kendi same caste, as obviously that's what you mean but are saying it in a fancy way.

Caste has no place in Sikhi, full stop ....