kabaddi

Parminder_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This is for Singhs in the lower mainland area. We currently looking to start up a Kabaddi team. So for any singhs in BC, lower mainland area interested please contact me at p_singh_21@hotmail.com. We would like to get this team together for the upcoming season and yes there will also be tournaments. Please do not hesitate over concerns of physical capability because we are willing to train our members and coach them professionally on a one on one basis. You will be trained by professional wrestlers like me and coached by well trained Kabaddi players. Hope to hear from all u Singhs.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Hey Parm, umm you probably dont kno me....but I'm Angela's Cuzin......so yah (BIKI).....ummm anyways I have some people in mind that might want to play kabbadi.....so ill ask em and let you kno.......post up some reply to this so I kno how many peoplle you need or just general information......aight......

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!! :TH: :e: grin.gif

Parminder_Singh

I would love to join, but I dont' want to waste any Singh brothers time.. I was thinking of joining Kabaddi as well, I gotta love for the game, the problem for me is I'll join the gym ill go hard for 1 month. slack off for 2 weeks, go again hard for 1 month, 3 weeks slack off..

I guess I found a technique, I ended up buying a treadmill and just work out now.. I was looking for some cheap dumb bells and I guess some bars.. 40,45's ..

Whats your thought on Azad or Bhullars' Club..

I was hoping all the brothers from Whistler and Howe Sound would make a team.. Take out all these brothers from Surrrey.. :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I forgot to say kids 18 years and up may join and if u guys do not know how to play we will teach u so do not worry. We need to make a team of singhs and show people what singhs are really made of lol. Please dont be afraid to join it will be alot of fun.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

This is how the game is played.In Kabaddi, two teams compete with each other for higher scores, by touching or capturing the players of the opponent team. Each team consists of 12 players, of which seven are on court at a time, and five in reserve. The two teams fight for higher scores, alternating defense and offense. The court is as large as that for a dodge ball game. The game consists of two 20-minute halves, with a break of five minutes for change of sides. The kabaddi playing area is 12.50m x 10m, divided by a line into two halves. The side winning the toss sends a 'raider', who enters the opponents' court chanting, 'kabaddi-kabaddi'. The raider's aim is to touch any or all players on the opposing side, and return to his court in one breath. The person, whom the raider touches, will then be out. The aim of the opposing team will be to hold the raider, and stop him from returning to his own court, until he takes another breath. If the raider cannot return to his court in the same breath while chanting 'kabaddi', he will be declared out. Each team alternates in sending a player into the opponents' court. If a player goes out of the boundary line during the course of the play, or if any part of his body touches the ground outside the boundary, he will be out, except during a struggle.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Raid's Time A raider shall be entitle to 30-Seconds to touch a player of the opponent team or being touched from the time he cross the gateline and back to his court. If a raider touching any defender or having touched by a defender touches the gate line with any part of his body or crosses it without infringement of these rule within 30-seconds, he shall be awarded one point. If defender (stopper) holds the raiderin his 'Pala' during and up to those 30 seconds, a point shall be awarded to the stopper. The raider has option/right to give up struggling within or the expiration of that 30 seconds period however in that case a point will be awarded to the stopper (Defender).

Touch The touch means the contact by or with any part of the body of a raider or defender.

Raid When a raider goes from his court into the court of the opposing team, it is called a raid. NO RAIDER SHALL BE ALLOWED TO GO AS A RAIDER MORE THAN TWO CONSECUTIVE TIMES.

Struggle When a raider touches a defender or a defender touches a raider, it shall be called a struggle.

Misconduct The committing of a prohibitory foul shall constitute a misconduct. Abusing and shouting onto other teammate, opponent teammate, referee, anymember of the organizing committee and member of federation constitute misconduct and there will be disciplinary action shall be taken against such player.

Warning Showing of a card (Yellow, or Red) to a player by the Umpire during a match shall be treated as a warning to a player for his misconduct.

Yellow Card Any player who repeats minor misconduct shall be liable for a Yellow Card. Such play

ers shall be liable for two to five minutes suspension from the play at the discretion of the Umpire.

Red Card Any player who repeats misconduct or behaves during a match or otherwise commits a major violation of these rules shall be liable for disqualification for the rest of the match/tournament at the discretion of the Umpire AND THE ONTARIO FEDERATION.

Hold a Raider During the struggle between Raider and the Stopper all other player of defendant return to the raider's court until the 30 second expires. It shall be called a "hold" by the defender.

Successful Raid A successful raid shall be one when a raider, after touching any of defender reaches his court or home safely within 30 seconds.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I forgot to say kids 18 years and up may join and if u guys do not know how to play we will teach u so do not worry. We need to make a team of singhs and show people what singhs are really made of lol. Please dont be afraid to join it will be alot of fun.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

does that mean that those who cut their hair can't be on your team? just curious because i think a lot of youth in vancouver will start to get involved in kabaddi

especially since there was a Under 21 USA vs. England matchup in the 2004 Kabaddi World Cup in Hamilton, Ontario