Routine of mother of a toddler

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Any mother of a toddler on this forum?I would like to know a little about your daily routine..Are you able to do nitnem?

Are you able to go to gurudwara sahib on routine basis..I  am not able to set a routine for myself and my toddler and sometimes it makes me frustrated.

Any ideas on parenting.I have tried many times to get my lo to sit and listen to kirtan but I am  not able to get hold of him.

When my little one was a toddler - I had no time for prayer. I went to the Guradwara and came out having heard nothing. 

However now we have a time before bedtime when we both do japji sahib - he repeats after me. 

I tell him the meanings of the words of gurbani. We share sakhiya sometimes. He is 9 now and does understand the basis of Sikhi which is prayer. 

So dont worry if they are not listening at the moment - they will in the future provided you have a genuine interest too. try every religious thing which is available. Youtube videos, reciting mool mantra yoursel aloud - they will pick it up, books, guradwara - talk about what you see there, sikh history, read as much and tell them, sit down and try to do your japji sahib and also read the meanings. When you recite japji sahib with them they will want to know the meanings. 

My mum just talked to us generally in less than a minute and told us the meanings of words in gurbani or the meanings of certain tukhs. All what she said was precious and still sticks in our minds.