House Of Guru Nanak Inaugural Awards.

Eternal Bliss

House Of GuruNanak Inaugural Awards.

Event Posted by: Amar Jit Singh Anand

Email Contact: houseofgurunanak@yahoo.com

Web Site For Event: www.HouseOfGuruNanak.com (under construction).

'House Of Guru Nanak' Inaugural Awards 2004.

VENUE : The event is to be organized at Gurdwara Sahib, 100 Lattingtown Road, Glen Cove, N.Y. 11542.

Event Date: TENTATIVELY in February, 2005 (exact date being finalized).

Guru~Fateh, Akaal~Sahaaye.

*** 'House Of Guru Nanak' refers to the 'House' (Ghar) the 'Gharana' of the Spiritual Legacy & Light of The Divine Preceptor, Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji (1469-1539) as was bequeathed by him to his successor Guru Angad Dev Ji, from whom it merged into 8 successive Gurus, and finally now is enshrined in the Eternal Guru, The Scripture (Sri Guru Granth Sahib). It refers to the rich 'Viraasat' (heritage) and 'Rivaayat' (tradition) that Guru Nanak preached and himself practiced.

*** Saadh Sangat is requested to send nominations to houseofgurunanak@yahoo.com for the Inaugural Awards 2004 (to be presented annually) being instituted by the undersigned, as my humble salute to the Great Master Guru Nanak Sahib, whose Universal Message & Humanitarian Mission continue to inspire and impress me. The Great Guru has saved me, guided me, and motivated me on several occasions.

*** I have tried to include both aspects : (A) activities / endeavours that are in consonance with the tenets of Sikhism, and as pe

r Gurmat, as enunciated by the House of Guru Nanak, and (B) spheres / areas which are general in nature, but which also promote camaraderie, healthy competition and contribution (through excellence) to society as a whole (Global~Village of Humanity) which is also according to the Guru's Universal Message & Mission.

*** Blood~relatives cannot send in nominations.

*** The last date for sending in nominations is January 31, 2005.

*** The nomination procedure is simple : just to send in the names of the nominees (i.e. the "prospective awardees") their field of activity, their contribution, their email & phone, alongwith your own name, profession, address, email and phone number. However, a few have already been chosen as 'Awardees' owing to their unique contributions and the overwhelming recognition they have already received in society.

*** All applications/nominations shall be scrutinized and Awards shall be presented after thorough screening by a panel of eminent persona (comprising the Honorary Advisory~ Board) drawn from a wide spectrum of society, and their decision shall be final & binding on all.

*** Nominees for the Awards, especially in categories 1, 2 and 3 may be practicing ANY religion / faith, and may be drawn from ANY race & ANY nationality.

*** Efforts are being made to select such persons as Awardees, who cannot be categorized as "CELEBRITIES" because I am not here to gain political and/or social mileage from the Event. Secondly (and more significantly) I wish to go on record by making a categorical statement that I'm refraining from "monetary~influences" (to make it specific : I mean that I am not seeking ANY financial help from ANY quarter that may try to pressurize such selection of Awardees).

*** Awards shall be presented to Individuals and/or Organizations / Institutions in various categories including the following :

1) Inter~Racial Tolerance, Inter~Religious Dialogue, Inter~Cultural Unde

rstanding & Inter~National Cooperation.

2) Selfless~Service, Activism / Volunteerism for Common~Cause / Public~ Issues.

3) Human Rights Networking.

4) Educational excellence.

5) Sports excellence.

6) Artistic endeavours/pursuits (creative & folk dance, vocal & instrumental music, prose & poetry, photography, painting, sculpture etc.)

7) Philanthropic~service by individuals or organizations.

To send your esteemed views / queries / suggestions, please feel free to email me at houseofgurunanak@yahoo.com

At the Service of Waheguru & Guru,

and in all humility, very sincerely yours,

Amar Jit Singh Anand

Initiator & Organizing~Secretary

Please note: For directions to the Event~Venue [Gurdwara Sahib located at 100 Lattingtown Road, Glen Cove, NY 11542 kindly call 1~516~609~3333 the 24~hour automated info~line) or 1~516~674~6793 (Main line).

To read my detailed introduction, kindly click on (or copy & paste) the following weblink on to your computer's browser :

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/directory.n...33;OpenDocument

NO, my dear, its not a person, its a small group / circle of people / friends / like~minded ones, who agree with each other and subscribe to the tenets of Sikhism, as enunciated by The Great Guru Nanak Sahib :wub:

What exactly does a "REAL" organization (with huge funds and hundreds of members) do which cannot be done by a few ?

Doesn't every organization start with one person or a few people, and doesn't it then grow and branch out ?

Doesn't every "big" organization have more disagreements than common denominators ?

Doesn't every organization has its infancy stage ?

rolleyes.gif KINDLY COMMENT AND BLESS ME MORE.

^_^

ok Ji , to make it clear, I am again listing the objectives & motivations.

House Of Guru Nanak Inaugural Awards are being instituted with a view to spreading the Universal Message & Humanitarian Mission by fostering harmony & peace amongst adherents of various races & religions, while creating more awareness of the Sikh identity, especially post~WTC scenario, when Sikhs were retaliated against.

I address congregations at Houses of Worship of all religions / faiths, and go to address students in various educational institutions. Plus I volunteer at several non~profit~orgs.

I am a turbaned & bearded Sikh (not even trimmed moustache).

Sometimes, I even go with a full flowing beard, and with a "kirpaan in gaatra" appearance at meetings of a few hundreds of Westerners, and I am dressed in western formal attire.

I strongly opine the objectives are clear in my mind.

oh yes, brother, I have seen INNUMERABLE "combinations & permutations" in India and USA :

~ totally clean~shaven (hair & beard) wearing a turban on "select" occasions (accompanying the family to visit Gurdwara Sahib, to pay obeisance to the Guru ; or on his Anand~Kaaraj ceremony).

And OTHERWISE :

~ having no hair and/or beard and/or moustache but wearing a turban.

~ having hair and turban but no beard; only moustache.

~ little trimmed beard & full moustache ; no turban.

~ little trimmed beard & totally clean moustache or trimmed moustache, with or without turban.

and so on and so forth ..................... the list is endless.