Sign in to follow this  
AusiKaur

Goindwal Sahib dee Mahanta

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• gonna take the opposite side here and say the following; This is not comparable to the Jerusalem thing because the majority of citizens in Turkey support this and don't see it as wrong. The Mosque was first a church then became a mosque then museum and mosque again. In Jerusalem the situation is that one side of population is for it the other side is against and the area of dispute is still being used by both groups. In Turkey there is no worshippers to use it as a church no one is being oppressed if its turned into a mosque. but in Jerusalem people will be oppresed and in india with the ram mandir ppl were oppressed 
    • These weddings are like Royal Ascot for our ladies. It is just one giant peacock show. If they could get away with hats and tiaras they would. The Anand Karaj traditionally did not have a lot of people and most of the people who go to them would rather be at the reception.  I think what has happened is that typically in the west the darbar hall is a much bigger. In Punjabi typically they have never been that large. I think (my wacky theory), our gurdwarae in the west have inadvertently  have taken the design of the church. The darbar hall become long and rectangular like a church hall with Maharaj being right at the end of the darbar hall like a church alter.  This has made the Anand Karaj into a Church Wedding Service and you try to fill in as many people in as possible. The only reason a lot of people come is for the chat and mithai.  Most darbar halls in Punjab and probably rest of India are more square in shape and Maharaj tends to be more centrally located.  I think darbar hall for anand karaj's should be much smaller (which with many gurdwarae who have extra halls, they generally are) but they should may limit the number of people (with Covid-19 this maybe the case). They need to cut back on those speakers (they are completely irrelevant) Also do we need ragis at the Anand Karaj? Most Anand Karajs traditionally in Punjab never had them, it seems to be another western invention. Another western invention is the brothers helping the bride. Is there a reason for this? Typically an Anand Karaj should last 15-20 minutes not over 2 hours.    
    • David Wood has made some excellent points here about this issue.  Muslims have lost the moral argument after today. Erdegan has proven that when Islamists are in a position of power they will abuse that position. They lost the right to complain about Ram Mandir that will be re built at Ayodhya by Hindus or when the Jews will eventually rebuild their temple at the site of Al Aqsa. Muslims have shot themselves in the foot on this one.
    • I've always thought about that! Aurangzeb wanted darshan of Guru Ji after reading the letter. There could be a possibility of that happening. Imagine if he actually met Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji! How would history look afterwards? 
    • We know Aurangzeb was so moved by the Zafarnama that he sought Darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. You ever wonder if he made the mistake of voicing to his entourage he intended to convert to Sikhi and it wasn't natural health decline that prevented the darshan?

Important Information

Terms of Use