ttehal karo thaerae dhaas kee pag jhaaro baal ||

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

thl krau qyry dws kI pg Jwrau bwl ]

ttehal karo thaerae dhaas kee pag jhaaro baal ||

I perform service for Your slave, O Lord, and wipe his feet with my hair.

msqku Apnw Byt dyau gun sunau rswl ]1]

masathak apanaa bhaett dhaeo gun suno rasaal ||1||

I offer my head to him, and listen to the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the source of bliss. ||1||

qum@ imlqy myrw mnu jIE qum@ imlhu dieAwl ]

thumh milathae maeraa man jeeou thumh milahu dhaeiaal ||

Meeting You, my mind is rejuvenated

, so please meet me, O Merciful Lord.

inis bwsur min Andu hoq icqvq ikrpwl ]1] rhwau ]

nis baasur man anadh hoth chithavath kirapaal ||1|| rehaao ||

Night and day, my mind enjoys bliss, contemplating the Lord of Compassion. ||1||Pause||

jgq auDwrn swD pRB iqn@ lwghu pwl ]

jagath oudhhaaran saadhh prabh thinh laagahu paal ||

God's Holy people are the saviors of the world; I grab hold of the hem of their robes.

mo kau dIjY dwnu pRB sMqn pg rwl ]2]

mo ko dheejai dhaan prabh sa(n)than pag raal ||2||

Bless me, O God, with the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||2||

aukiq isAwnp kCu nhI nwhI kCu Gwl ]

oukath siaanap kashh nehee naahee kashh ghaal ||

I have no skill or wisdom at all, nor any work to my credit.

BRm BY rwKhu moh qy kwthu jm jwl ]3]

bhram bhai raakhahu moh thae kaattah

u jam jaal ||3||

Please, protect me from doubt, fear and emotional attachment, and cut away the noose of Death from my neck. ||3||

ibnau krau kruxwpqy ipqw pRiqpwl ]

bino karo karunaapathae pithaa prathipaal ||

I beg of You, O Lord of Mercy, O my Father, please cherish me!

gux gwvau qyry swDsMig nwnk suK swl ]4]11]41]

gun gaavo thaerae saadhhasa(n)g naanak sukh saal ||4||11||41||

I sing Your Glorious Praises, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Lord, Home of peace. ||4||11||41||

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

dyvgMDwrI mhlw 5 ]

pRB iehY mnorQu myrw ]

ik®pw inDwn dieAwl moih dIjY kir sMqn kw cyrw ] rhwau ]

pRwqhkwl lwgau jn crnI ins bwsur drsu pwvau ]

qnu mnu Arip krau jn syvw rsnw hir gun gwvau ]1]

swis swis ismrau pRBu Apunw sMqsMig inq rhIAY ]

eyku ADwru nwmu Dnu morw Andu nwnk iehu lhIAY ]2]26]

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Dayv Gandhaaree on Pannaa 533

dhaevaga(n)dhhaaree mehalaa 5 ||

prabh eihai manorathh maeraa ||

kirapaa nidhhaan dhaeiaal mohi dheejai kar sa(n)than kaa chaeraa || rehaao ||

praathehakaal laago jan charanee nis baasur dharas paavo ||

than man arap karo jan saevaa rasanaa har gun gaavo ||1||

saas saas simaro prabh apunaa sa(n)thasa(n)g nith reheeai ||

eaek adhhaar naam dhhan moraa anadh naanak eihu leheeai ||2||26||

Dayv-Gandhaaree, Fifth Mehl:

God, this is my heart's desire:

O treasure of kindness, O Merciful Lord, please make me the slave of your Saints. ||Pause||

In the early hours of the morning, I fall at the feet of Your humble servants; night and day, I obtain the Blessed Vision of their Darshan.

Dedicating my body and mind, I serve the humble servant of the Lord; with my tongue, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||1||

With each and every

breath, I meditate in remembrance on my God; I live continually in the Society of the Saints.

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is my only support and wealth; O Nanak, from this, I obtain bliss. ||2||26||

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i wanted to make a few lines a different colour to make them stand out... but i couldn't decide which line stood out the most to me..

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

jlu Fovau ieh sIs kir kr pg pKlwvau ]

jal dtovo eih sees kar kar pag pakhalaavo ||

I carry water on my head, and with my hands I wash their feet.

bwir jwau lK byrIAw drsu pyiK jIvwvau ]1]

baar jaao lakh baereeaa dharas paekh jeevaavo ||1||

Tens of thousands of times, I am a sacrifice to them; gazing upon the Blessed Vision of their Darshan, I live. ||1||

krau mnorQ mnY mwih Apny pRB qy pwvau ]

[color=

080088]karo manorathh manai maahi apanae prabh thae paavo ||[/color]

The hopes which I cherish in my mind - my God fulfills them all.

dyau sUhnI swD kY bIjnu Folwvau ]1] rhwau ][/color]

dhaeo soohanee saadhh kai beejan dtolaavo ||1|| rehaao ||

With my broom, I sweep the homes of the Holy Saints, and wave the fan over them. ||1||Pause||

AMimRq gux sMq bolqy suix mnih pIlwvau ]

a(n)mrith gun sa(n)th bolathae sun manehi peelaavo ||

The Saints chant the Ambrosial Praises of the Lord; I listen, and my mind drinks it in.

auAw rs mih sWiq iqRpiq hoie ibKY jlin buJwvau ]2]

ouaa ras mehi saa(n)th thripath hoe bikhai jalan bujhaavo ||2||

That sublime essence calms and soothes me, and quenches the fire of sin and corruption. ||2||

jb Bgiq krih sMq mMflI iqn@ imil hir gwvau ]

jab bhagath karehi sa(n)th ma(n)ddalee thinh mil har gaavo ||

When the galaxy of Saints worship the Lord in devotion, I join them, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

pan>

krau nmskwr Bgq jn DUir muiK lwvau ]3]

karo namasakaar bhagath jan dhhoor mukh laavo ||3||

I bow in reverence to the humble devotees, and apply the dust of their feet to my face. ||3||

aUTq bYTq jpau nwmu iehu krmu kmwvau ]

oot(h)ath bait(h)ath japo naam eihu karam kamaavo ||

Sitting down and standing up, I chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord; this is what I do.

nwnk kI pRB bynqI hir srin smwvau ]4]21]51]

naanak kee prabh baenathee har saran samaavo ||4||21||51||

This is Nanak's prayer to God, that he may merge in the Lord's Sanctuary. ||4||21||51||