Misconception about Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji

Once listening to katha of shaheedi of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, I came across a misconception about Guru Ji. This story is being preached by most of the dhaddis, and parcharaks everyday. The kathakaar said that Bhai Jaita Ji could only pick up Guru Ji’s head by placing it with his father’s head first. In other words, Bhai Jaita Ji chopped off his father’s head, switched it with Guru Ji’s head and then went to Anandpur Sahib. This is well written in Sooraj Parkash and Panth Parkash.

Both granths are respected in the Panth but everyone knows that these two granths are not 100% correct. In fact, no puratan text is 100% accurate. The only way we can disapprove a story is by comparing it with Gurmat and our history of shaheeds. Gursikhs have always fought for truth and righteousness. They never cheated and were beyond any mischievous actions. The story is not only a false account of history but a dark spot on the sacrifice of Bhai Jait Mall Ji. If I assume he cut off his father’s head then he must’ve done it at a secret place. Then leaving the body behind and taking the head to be switched. But it is a known fact that the shaheedi took place in the public so there was no way Bhai Jaita Ji could do such thing behind a wall. Was there no trace of blood when he was taking the head? No one in the public notice? If no, then with such cleverness he could’ve picked up Guru Ji’s head. What happened to the body? Was it discovered later? Did muslims not notice that the head was different? Bhai Jaita Ji could have done ardaas to Guru Ji to bless him with courage to pick up the head without chopping off anyone’s head.

Bhai Jaita Ji had to pick up the head of Guru Ji which was a very difficult task but picking up the body was even more difficult task. Bhai Lakhee Shah did this seva but he didn’t switch it with his father’s body? There are many more holes in the story but I don’t want to make it a long post.

The truth is that Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji took five Gursikhs with Him to Delhi. Father of Bhai Jaita Ji is nowhere mentioned because he never accompanied Guru Ji. Three Gursikhs became Shaheed and two were given the responsibility of taking the head back to Anandpur Sahib. This fact is well supported by Taksal and books written by Missionary College. Guru Ji had already told Bhai Jaita Ji to stay alarmed. Guru Ji said “at the time of my shaheedi, wind will blow so fast and the sky will be filled with dust. No one will be able to see anything. You stand spreading your cloth and my head will come right into it. Then go back to Anandpur Sahib. No one will be able to see you.” Bhai Jaita Ji did as instructed. Bhai Lakhee Shah picked up the body and no one was able to catch him.

Gursikhs have no fear of anyone. They sacrifice for truth and never cheat. They never lose faith in Guru Ji. I had a discussion on this with a respected “Sant” but he was unable to prove his point. All he could say was he had read the story in the granths, then chelay started yelling and told me to leave. One thing people should know that Sooraj Parkash was written from three old texts including Prem Sumarag. No actual research was done by Bhai Santokh Singh Ji. Bhai Veer Singh Ji has written “Sooraj Parkash Nirnay” (not sure if the name is correct) in which he has pointed out which sakhis are correct and which are not. We shouldn’t take everything to be 100% correct. We should do vichaar by keeping Sikhi and history in mind. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 3 weeks later...

Once listening to katha of shaheedi of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, I came across a misconception about Guru Ji. This story is being preached by most of the dhaddis, and parcharaks everyday. The kathakaar said that Bhai Jaita Ji could only pick up Guru Ji’s head by placing it with his father’s head first. In other words, Bhai Jaita Ji chopped off his father’s head, switched it with Guru Ji’s head and then went to Anandpur Sahib. This is well written in Sooraj Parkash and Panth Parkash.

Both granths are respected in the Panth but everyone knows that these two granths are not 100% correct. In fact, no puratan text is 100% accurate. The only way we can disapprove a story is by comparing it with Gurmat and our history of shaheeds. Gursikhs have always fought for truth and righteousness. They never cheated and were beyond any mischievous actions. The story is not only a false account of history but a dark spot on the sacrifice of Bhai Jait Mall Ji. If I assume he cut off his father’s head then he must’ve done it at a secret place. Then leaving the body behind and taking the head to be switched. But it is a known fact that the shaheedi took place in the public so there was no way Bhai Jaita Ji could do such thing behind a wall. Was there no trace of blood when he was taking the head? No one in the public notice? If no, then with such cleverness he could’ve picked up Guru Ji’s head. What happened to the body? Was it discovered later? Did muslims not notice that the head was different? Bhai Jaita Ji could have done ardaas to Guru Ji to bless him with courage to pick up the head without chopping off anyone’s head.

I heard that bhai jaita ji burnt his own house down to cremate the body of guru ji so it wouldnt seem suspicious and then he took the head to guru gobind rai