*GURDWARA PASSES CONSUMPTION OF MEAT AND ALCOHOL*

ISingh

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!!

Gurdwara Ramgarhia Board, Leeds, UK under the presidentship of Jagir Singh Sohanpal and some of his associate members within the committee are going against the Sikh Maryadaa by allowing the consumption of alcohol and meat within the boundary of the Gurdwara.

The meat and alcohol issue was discussed in the Darbar of Guru Granth Sahib Jee and Jagjir Singh Sohanpal was the instigator. The committee members who are strongly supporting the consumption of meat and alcohol are Amrikh Singh Virdi, Gurdev Singh Sagoo, Gurcharan Singh Sohanpal, Gurnam Singh Sohanpal, Mohinder Singh Sohanpal and Kulwant Singh Rayat.

Jaikaras were chanted loudly in Guru Jee’s Hazooree whilst passing that consumption of meat and alcohol will be allowed in the Gurdwara premises.

The same committee members also said that open bearded Sikhs and Amritdhari Sikhs should be thrown out of the Gurdwara.

There is only a fraction of the committee who are stood against these people.

PLEASE give your full support to stop these MASANDS for going against Gur-Maryada!!

Gurdwara Telephone No – 0113 2620085

Jagir Singh Sohanpal (President) – 0113 2622214

*An online petition will be created soon.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!!

Disgusting behaviour from Gurdwara Committee

We say everyday in Ardas:

"Gurdwarian Di Sewa Sambhaal Da Daan Aap Ji De Khaalsa Ji Nu Baksho"

Yet our Gurdwaras are run by committees which include:

- non-Amritdhari

- those who don't observe rehat

- those who shave/trim

- those who drink sharaab

I asked one Gurdwara why they included non-Amritdharis and those who drink sharaab in the Gurdwara Committee...

THe Pardhaan (an amritdhari) replied:

"Committees are elected and a large number of votes are from mone and those who drink sharaab... therefore we have to include those type of people to attract votes"

When i asked, "what do get mone committe members to attract votes by serving alcohol to possible voters in the pub?"

The Pardhaan smiled and laughed it off.

Shame, shame, shame!

other Gurdwaras which have built party halls with Sadh Sangat's money and have the party halls built on land owned and bought by the Gurdwara Sahib.

- Swindon Gurdwara,

- Leamington Gurdwara

- another Gurdwara in Leeds

We put our money in Golak for the Guru Ghar -- i don't want my donations to be used for halls which cater for parties which serve alcohol and people listen and dance to vulgar music!

NOT IN NAME - GURDWARA COMMITTEE!!! (copying the anti-war slogan against Mr. Blaire :) )

watch out - the Khalsa's about :e: :nihungsmile: :T: wink2.gif

WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU!!!

Are You 100% sure about this because if this is true - something has to be done immdiately!!!

FIRST SMETHWICK - AND NOW LEEDS!!!

Please tell the sangat of how we can help - AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - What can we do to help throw out this committee???

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

"Bhindranwale Sant Sipahi, Jihna Suthi Kaum Jugaee"

Get their non-profit religious license revoked by the county/mun/govt offical. Providing the fact that its not the sikh religious place as they are going against the Sikh Rehat of Akal Takht Sahib.

Fact is Alcohol is not allowed in sikh gurdwara as stated in official document of Sikh Rehat Meryada. Take it to office along with dozen of sikh body representative and the evidence that the event above mentioned is true and then let them do the work !!!

These ppls need to be dealt with outside of Sikh Community !

I have said this before and will say it again.

A few of these cases should have been referred to the Akal Takht. I remember a while back the Respect for GuruJi campaign said they had the channels to report cases to the Akal Takht. From the lack of any action either they have not reported or the Akal Takht lacks the will power to do anything. I remember the threads and how they got bogged down into demanding an apology rather than escalating the problem to the Akal Takht. NOW IS THE TIME to make a stand and to ask Jathedar Vedanti as Akal Takht Jathedar to get involved.

Jathedar Vedanti is over in the UK every year so what does he do ? Should he not be getting Panj Singh together and taking some sort of action against these people undertaking acts of profanity ?

I have said this before and will say it again.

A few of these cases should have been referred to the Akal Takht. I remember a while back the Respect for GuruJi campaign said they had the channels to report cases to the Akal Takht. From the lack of any action either they have not reported or the Akal Takht lacks the will power to do anything. I remember the threads and how they got bogged down into demanding an apology rather than escalating the problem to the Akal Takht.  NOW IS THE TIME to make a stand and to ask Jathedar Vedanti as Akal Takht Jathedar to get involved.

Jathedar Vedanti is over in the UK every year so what does he do ? Should he not be getting Panj Singh together and taking some sort of action against these people undertaking acts of profanity ?

97528[/snapback]

Fully agree. The Campaign did get in touch with the Akal Takht with all the issues and unfortunately received 1 faxed letter from the Akaal Takht re-iterating the 1998 Hukumnama about Guruji's saroop going to halls and clubs. The Campaign have still not received any orginal correspondenace after over 6 months.

Sorry to say, as far as i personally feel the Akaal Takht let us down.