THVPRSAD CHOPEI

...Nihangs do 7 as a minimum.  The Chaupai Sahib paath varies across the board with additional Dohra, Chaupai and Arril measures being added to the main bani.  Many also include the Shabd Hazare of both Gurus and the Tav Prashad Chaupai and 33 Savayae as part of their nitnem.

Hope this helps.

103335[/snapback]

Please could you specifiy the extra two bania that Nihangs read to make up the 7?

Also as a note, as Baba Balvinder singh koralee vale once mentioned, Baba Nand Singh Jee took/practiced the paath marayada from Thakath Sri Hazur sahib (together with the "maximum" Satkar aspect of SatGuru Granth Sahib jee from Sri Harmander Sahib) which Nanaksar Dera/Jatha practice.

PObs was Chandi Di // (wooooooooo tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif) And an extract from sarbloh granth (fink Bhardur drin Bardar din soz 4 spellin)

104785[/snapback]

Gur Fateh!

I was incorrect, the Nihangs actually recite whole load more:

JapJi Sahib

Sabhad Hazare

Jaap Sahiba

Sabha Hazare P10

Tav Svayae (+additional Svayae beginning Deenan Ki pritpal...)

Chaupai Sahib (beginning with Dohras on Mahakaal)

Tav Prashad Chaupai

Ath Chandi Charitr

Chandi di //

Uggardanti

Shastarnaammala

Depending on how you count those, thats anything from 8 to 12 Banis in total.

The post by Gupt Dasan Das is the Taksal Rehit Maryada and matters concerning ending of the Chaupai Sahib in the morning recital and face one's pillow etc are peculiar to it.

wow...thats beautiful! :DOH:  :DOH:

i didnt know u had 2 do kitan sohila facing ur pillow tho. is dere a meaning to that?

103690[/snapback]

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yes, the reason for facing the pillow is that when you do Kirtan Sohila paath, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj gives there darshan. Hence you will not expect Guru Ji to sit where your feet will be, therefore you sit where your feet will be and maharaj will rest where your pillow is, or where ever your head will be.

There is a a Sakhi behind Kirtan Sohila, as there is with every paath we do, and why you should not do it walking around, only when sitting in one place, as Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj always gives darshan when Kirtan Sohila is read. I do know it, but would prefer someone else tell it as i may mis something out and will not do it justice.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh