Rally/Memorial

H-K-S

Hey all...this post is specifically targeted towards Sikhs in Toronto (sorry for all of you that dont live in T.dot! :doh: )! Anyway, I was wondering if any Torontonians know about any rallys/memorials occuring within the Toronto area to remember the lives lost in 1984. Thanks.

Hey all...this post is specifically targeted towards Sikhs in Toronto (sorry for all of you that dont live in T.dot! :doh: )! Anyway, I was wondering if any Torontonians know about any rallys/memorials occuring within the Toronto area to remember the lives lost in 1984. Thanks.

101431[/snapback]

Well I'm in specifically in TO (or even in the same country ;-) but the thread at

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?showtopic=11228

which is a list of events on the 21st anniversary of the 1984 attacks against Sikhs contains the following entry:

"Shaheedi Nagar Keertan June 5th, 2005

Just letting all the sangat in the Greater Toronto area of the upcoming Shaheedi Nagar Keertan happening this weekend June 5th in Hamilton.

The Nagar will be to pay tribute to ALL shaheeds of the Khalsa Panth. Starting with Guru Arjun Dev Ji to all shaheeds to present day.

The Program is as following

Keertan Darbar - 10:00am - 1:00pm at Gurdwara ShaheedGarh Hamilton

Nagar Keertan starts 1:00pm starting at Gurughar to City Hall Hamilton

Panthic Veechars - 3:00pm - 5:00pm

Nagar Keertan end 5:00pm

Come out and pay you respect to all shaheeds.

For more information you can contact Gurdwara ShaheedGarh at 905-525-5725"

Hope that helps. Please take and post pictures if at all possible.

101431[/snapback]

Well I'm in specifically in TO (or even in the same country ;-) but the thread at

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?showtopic=11228

which is a list of events on the 21st anniversary of the 1984 attacks against Sikhs contains the following entry:

"Shaheedi Nagar Keertan June 5th, 2005

Just letting all the sangat in the Greater Toronto area of the upcoming Shaheedi Nagar Keertan happening this weekend June 5th in Hamilton.

The Nagar will be to pay tribute to ALL shaheeds of the Khalsa Panth. Starting with Guru Arjun Dev Ji to all shaheeds to present day.

The Program is as following

Keertan Darbar - 10:00am - 1:00pm at Gurdwara ShaheedGarh Hamilton

Nagar Keertan starts 1:00pm starting at Gurughar to City Hall Hamilton

Panthic Veechars - 3:00pm - 5:00pm

Nagar Keertan end 5:00pm

Come out and pay you respect to all shaheeds.

For more information you can contact Gurdwara ShaheedGarh at 905-525-5725"

Hope that helps. Please take and post pictures if at all possible.

101435[/snapback]

Thanks for the information! But do you know if there is anything happening within the Toronto area- perhaps in Brampton, Mississauga, etc.?