iKirtan.com Update!

iKirtan

iKirtan.com is proud to have a lot of new kirtan uploaded in the last few weeks.

Most of the AKJ Vancouver May 2005 Samagam has been uploaded, the rest should be coming soon.

We have also put up new videos from Kirtani such as Bhai Tejinderpal Singh Jee (Dulla), Bhai Manpreet Singh Jee, and Bhai Satinderpal Singh Jee.

Many new files from the following Kirtanis have also been uploaded:

Bhai Dilbagh Singh, Gulbagh Singh Jees

Bhai Gurmeet Singh Jee Shaant

Bhai Harcharan Singh Khalsa Jee

Bhai Harjinder Singh Jee Srinagar Wale

Bhai Niranjan Singh Jee Jawaddi Kalan

Bhai Nirmal Singh Jee

Bhai Sarabjit Singh Jee Rangila

Hopefully more kirtan will be coming soon! :doh:

I am pretty much sure that they had the permission from other websites ??

102247[/snapback]

I didn't make that my point. I'm stating what they did, thus making an "update" futile.

Re-hosting Kirtan to another site and calling it an update...what a concept.

Guest Jas Singh
WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WOHOOOOOOOOOO the videos of bhai manpreet singh ji are tooo good  wohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:D i love u ikirtan 

everyone download and  with bhai manpreet singh ji sing the glorious praises of waheguru

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I second that!

Just looked at this thread again...

I will have to find out from the sewadaar who put up the kirtan whether he had permission or not. I just emailed him.

If not and the Gurmat Sangeet Project wants us to take it down, we can do that.

I did find the Sarbjit Singh Rangila files on Ektaone, the site which was launched on the same day those files were put up. The sewadaar probably thought to fill a void, because Sikhifm was no longer up. Maybe this will help keep the broadband needs down for them so they can stay up this time :doh:

In regards to Bhai Niranjan Singh files being from Sikhifm. Ektaone has 11 files of him, compared to 127 on ikirtan.com, just looking over it briefly, none of the files seem to be the same.

Anyways, listen to AKJ Vancouver 2005, the new videos we just put up (Satinderpal Singh is very good), Harcharan Singh Jee Khalsa and all the other kirtan we have up.

More will be coming soon!

I got a reply from the sewadaar who put up the kirtan, and he said on the gurmatsangeetproject website it is written:

"You are encouraged to download these MP3 files, save them on your computer, burn CDs and widely distribute them to lovers of Gurmat Sangeet. These shabads are the Guru's gift to everyone and should be freely shared. "

Since many visitors to ikirtan.com are not visitors to that website, we are freely distributing the kirtan on ikirtan.com, just as we freely distribute a lot of other kirtan.

I hope that makes rsc happy?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use