APPEAL TO ALL SIKH VEERJIS AND BHENJIS

Guest balwinderkaur

Guest balwinderkaur

here's an article i wrote... hopefully this will encourage fellow veerjees and bhainjees to stick to the tenets of sikhee.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji. I would like to appeal to all my fellow veerjis and bhenjis about the deterioration of our Sikh values. I have come across many fellow Sikhs who are still repeatedly questioning Guru Maharaj’s orders.

Why are we questioning HIS orders? Why cant we just be Good Gursikhs and follow whatever Guruji has ordained for us? Why must we always question Guruji? I have seen many Sikhs who still ask:”Can we shave/cut our hair/remove body hair etc etc etc? Hair is made up of dead cells and keratin so why should we keep “dead stuff” with us?” although they are perfectly aware that as a Sikh of Guru Maharaj, they ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO CUT/REMOVE THEIR HAIR IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE.

Dear fellow veerjis and bhenjis, please do not question Guru Maharaj’s orders. Guru Maharaj has our best interests at heart. Guru Maharaj loves us (his beloved Gursikhs). Guruji won’t ordain something, which will lead to the disadvantage/the downfall of his beloved Sikhs. Why should HE do that when HE LOVES US ALL MORE THAN ANYTHING? Guruji sacrificed EVERYTHING, his family, his brethren, his friends, his soldiers, even HIMSELF for us. Are we just going to let the sacrifices of our beloved Guruji and our fellow brothers and sisters just go in vain?

Dear veerjis and bhenjis, just look at the followers of other religions around you. Look at the Muslims for instance.

Their prophet (Nabi Mohammed) ordered that they were not supposed to eat pork. These Muslims have followed the order of their prophet faithful

ly with no questions asked.

Do they go round questioning their fellow Muslims or their priests as to “Why can’t we eat pork? Many people are eating it and they say it’s tasty. What does Nabi Mohammed know about life in today’s world? He lived ages ago.” Instead these Muslims will rather die of starvation then to eat pork. What about our Sikhs? We happily go to the salon and proudly choose the latest hairstyles for ourselves; we happily trot into posh restaurants and without giving any thought to our Sikhs and Dearest Guru Maharaj, we consume meat, alcohol, cocktails etc. Little do we know that all these are vicious killers of our bodies, minds and our souls. We happily consume the food and drinks of the Devil but we sulk and cringe and give all sorts of lame excuses when it comes to consuming the tasty nectar of Guru Maharaj. What kind of mockery is this dearest veerjis and bhenjis? Why are we going closer to the Devil, who shall prove to be our greatest enemy in the end, and drifting further and further apart from our dearest Guru Maharaj who loves us more than anything?

Dearest veerjis and bhenjis, put yourselves in the shoes of a parent. If your precious child is crawling towards a burning candle, are you going to

No. 1) rush forward and pull your child away from the burning candle

Or

No.2) let your child crawl towards the burning candle and allow him/her to burn him/her self?

I’m very sure all of you are going to pick action No.1. True, your child may cry and scream his/her head off. But does your child know your reasons for pulling him/her away from the candle? It’s the same here between our Guruji and us. We may not know/understand Guruji’s reason for telling us not to cut our hair or eat meat etc etc. But we have to realise that Guruji means well.

Dearest veerjis and bhenjis, the future of our Khalsa Panth lies in our own hands. Sikhism was built on the foundation of sacrifices and blood. Are we just going to let the sacrifices and the bloodshed our Sikhs and Gurujis went thro

ugh just go in vain because of our selfish pleasures? Think this over carefully dearest veerjis and bhenjis. Remember the saying of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, “Aapay beej aapay hee khaao ” (You reap whatever you sow). If we all sow good seeds now, we will get a good harvest but if we sow rotten seeds, we won’t be able to get a good harvest. The choice is yours dearest veerjis and bhenjis. It’s all upto you now.

Bhool chook di khima karni ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Written by:

Balwinder Kaur

lioness2784 @hotmail.com

^_^ That was absolute truth...... and i personally feels the cause of this all is our preoccupation with worldly affairs than our religion......Sikhs have had distinct identity.....our Fathe Guruji gave it to us and we should keep it intact under all circumstances........this is my personal experience........I came to US to study last year.....post sept.11 things changed......it was hard to get into social life and secure a job for sustainence....most of my frends cut their hair.......i preferred sticking to my guru's word.......though late but i too got a job........but being alone sikh with turban in the whole county in south is real hard.........my point here is that we loose our heart very easily.....if same thing was done by all those martyrs who sacrificed their lives for sikhi......we would not have been here........and if want our future generations to be true sikhs...we here have to take on the responsibilty to set an example to them.......not by cutting our hair and wearing a khanda in neck or on backscreen of our cars.......but by honouring the order of true guru........

Amazing and cool article balwinder paaanjeee.. It's nice that way u compared the current conditions of sikh community and muslim community.. like how we easily choose to raise questions instead of trying to adapt the way it is.. Good read article !!!

amrinder bro.. u and ur next generation will be the future of sikhi here in west.. Guys like you are holding the torch of sikhi.. wubb.gif

amrinder_pal Posted on Sep 17 2003, 03:13 AM

but being alone sikh with turban in the whole county in south is real hard

ohmy.gifohmy.gif where are u in south ?????????????????????????????????????

i m in Oklahoma

^_^^_^

Guest balwinderkaur

amrinder veerjee..im proud you chose not to follow the footsteps of your friends and decided to stick with keeping your roop intact. Good Job veerjee..keep it up.... Gurujee said "CHAAR MOOEY TO KYA HUAA JEEVAT KAEE HAZAAR" I'm glad you and other Gursikhs out there are living Gurujees vision of the hazaar. :umm: Let's all keep Gurujees head held high by sticking to the full roop of a Gursikh: grin.gif :nihungsmile: :e: (bibian with dastaar..oughta have an emoticon for that) and by living according to the tenets of Sikhee.

VAAHEGUROO JEE KA KHALSAA VAAHEGUROO JEE KI FATEH!!!!!!!