can some explain this shabad

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh

mÚ 3 ]

ma 3 ||

Third Mehl:

PrIdw ijn@ loiex jgu moihAw sy loiex mY ifTu ]

fareedhaa jinh loein jag mohiaa sae loein mai ddit(h) ||

Fareed, those eyes which have enticed the world - I have seen those eyes.

kjl ryK n shidAw sy pMKI sUie bihTu ]14]

kajal raekh n sehadhiaa sae pa(n)khee sooe behit(h) ||14||

Once, they could not endure even a bit of mascara; now, the birds hatch their young in them! ||14||

could someone please help me with the meaning blush.gif

The way i understand this shabad is that Farid jee talks about a person's life and Death.

When someone was alive, their beautiful eyes were admired by many people, but after they died, Farid jee says i see birds haching their eggs in these eyes (" u know skull has quite big holes where the eyes are tongue.gif "). Also fareed jee says that at one time these same eyes couldnt bear even a bit of mascara.

Guest A Singh.

This may be incorrect but I have a vague recollection of this Shabad being related to the Sakhi of a rich and beautiful woman. She would have her mascara made up from a number of substances. One day one of her servants made the mascara up and did not correctly mix proportions/ingredients. The mascara irritated her eye and she become very angry and punished the servant. Bhagat Fareed Ji comments that this women, so obsessed with her own worldly beauty and power, after dying was seen with her corpse unwanted and left on the floor as her beauty had been spent. In the decaying eye sockets, Bhagat Ji saw the eggs of birds layed from which birds hatched. Bhagat Ji comments that once her delicate, large eyes, once could not even take a little mascara without irritation; now she had birds coming from her eyes.

What we can learn from this Sakhi was that true beauty comes from a face which is radiant with Naam Simran rather than covering it up and altering it through vanity.