Protests in UK OVER 700 INDISCRMINATE DETENTIONS

just_someone

Mate you chat some rubbish!!!

How the heck will the media think this is sikh disunity?!??! Its just a bunch of people protesting outside an embassy building? The press dont have a clue about sikhs, never mind issues of unity or otherwise.

Message to you and others like you:

Do what you do and let others do as they do! YOU alone will not bring justice to the shaheeds and nor will the sikh fed, it will be bought about by the sikh youth of this world who have the passion to stand when and where they are needed. They dont need to be involved in your mud slinging politics games.

106021[/snapback]

no offence paji but i think that was a bit of a hot-blooded reply <admin-profanity filter activated>

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please join the demos Outside the Indian High Commission, London

Wednesday 29th June                          3-6pm 

Thursday 30th June                              3-6pm 

Friday 1st July                                      3-6pm

Protests were also planned for Monday and Tuesday.

I understand very few, if any, protesters turned up on Monday. Perhaps the organisers could clarify.

Metropolitan Police telephoned today saying they had now been approached by the BSC and were aware of protests comprising of 20 people each day.

They were also told they had problems yesterday (Tuesday) because the coach broke down from Leicester - What's going on?

No offence taken, that was not hot blooded at all, read some of my other comments on other topics if you want hot blooded! this is just me sick of people playing political games with their brothers and sisters!

Please tell me how or from where you have recieved info which says or shows that the people holding these protests are doing so to undermine the protests in the following weeks? Which statement or literature or anything have you got to suggest that? Please honestly show me the attempt made to snub anybody else's seva!?!?

The people of Punjab are being arrested and most likely totured NOW, TODAY not next week or the week after but TODAY! so while next week sprotests may be booked in advance all well and good, by then our brothers will have been in prsons for 1 or 2 weeks, and will most likely have been torured for that period!

so the option is either we do nothing and wait for the prebooked protest ... or a small group of people senisbly decide not to just sit by but raise their voices straight away at the torture and unfair arrests of innocents in punajb! I repeat again, it is massively more effective to get people asking questions regarding these arrests and hman rights before manmohan arrives, so that once he does people can ask the questions!

The peopel i know have nothing to do with the BK, in fact they have worked with the feds for years, they have no political ties as far as i know, but have dedicated their lives for this seva, both personally and professionally. you seem to know more than me regarding the politics here, im not intrested in them, and i can tell you that the people attending these protests are not intrested in them. The peopel attending care about the victims ie the sikhs of punjab, not about gettng the glory for having done a protest! te sikh youth of the uk are guess what... young sikhs who live work and study in the uk, not a jatha or group, the british council may be, but as far as i know the guys heading down there are representing sikhs not groups!

funny how you say

anybody who calls themselves sikh should support anybody organising protests and dealing with the government at the first point of call

and yet then caveat your statement with another dig at the people doing this seva!

None of us CARE who organises what, this is not about scoring points, its about trying to save lives!! 20 people turning up to do silent protests is taking NOTHING away fro any other protests, its just an excuse for some people to have a moan about other people doing seva.

THAT is our problem, we cant handle it when somebody else has a go, the elders still want to run the whole 84 show, but guess what it aint gonna happen, the youth are taking hold of the reins, and guru jis kirpa will get much more done than their predecessors. Thank you to the elders for their hard work, and i hope they cont to advise the youth, but now they need to give others a chance.

Final words from me are, goodluck to ALL the protestors, you are better people than me to give up your time and effort to speak out for those who have been silenced. Be that 20 standing their quietly or 200 shouting and chanting, may guru ji bless and guide you all to victory for the panth!!

Just to make it clear (in case anyone missed it) i was criticising the organisation (or the lack thereof) NOT the cause and NOT the protestors

For obvious reasons- Anyone protesting against GOI automatically gets my support :doh:

AK47 Veerji please pass on that i'd be more than happy to attend any protest by any group including the kashmiris let alone the apnae- its just i like other youth may need more than 1.5 days notice due to deadlines- do degrees matter more than a protest against GOI's imprisonment of sikhs? of course not but literally one more day would've made all the difference in the world- i apologise for my own lack of time-keeping therein. :doh:

Peace

The people of Punjab are being arrested and most likely totured NOW, TODAY not next week or the week after but TODAY! so while next week sprotests may be booked in advance all well and good, by then our brothers will have been in prsons for 1 or 2 weeks, and will most likely have been torured for that period!

so the option is either we do nothing and wait for the prebooked protest ... or a small group of people senisbly decide not to just sit by but raise their voices straight away at the torture and unfair arrests of innocents in punajb! I repeat again, it is massively more effective to get people asking questions regarding these arrests and hman rights before manmohan arrives, so that once he does people can ask the questions!

PROTESTS this week or next can be good at highlighting the serious predicament of those arrested. My point was seeking national media coverage for poorly attended protests is not wise.

However, I AGREE human rights groups and other Sikh organisations should also be doing other things NOW. That is why individual cases of some of the Sikhs picked up - names of individuals, village names, times of incidence, policeman who picked them up etc. were provided to Khalsa Human Rights and were then passed to Amnesty International. Some from the Young Sikhs (UK) were pushing the Amnesty International Secretariat all last week.

Sikh Federation also raised concerns in meeting with MPs (Monday 20 June, Friday 24 June and Saturday 25 June), meeting with Lords (Monday 28 June). Sikh Secretariat raised it with human rights organisations, politicians at the State of London Debate on Saturday 25 June at the QE II Conference Centre.

Today (Tuesday 29 June) Sikh Federation (UK) and Sikh Secretariat took human rights lawyers visiting from Panjab to meet with MPs from all three main political parties. After Westminster we then went on to Amnesty International for a 1 hour + meeting to push for action.

Hopefully, this shows that many of those publicising the event on Friday 8 July - Sikh Federation (UK), Young Sikhs (UK), Khalsa Human Rights and Sikh Secretariat are NOT just waiting for the 8 July protest, but taking action NOW.

Hopefully, the many other SIKH human rights groups, SIKH youth groups etc. have also been equally active to raise the concern of those arrested, being tortured etc.

Please join us in the LOBBY (on 12 JULY) and PROTEST (on 8 JULY).

That was a direct attack on Sikh Federation WHO ARE DOING SOMETHING!! I agree 110% with the comments made by RKR Bhainji.

God knows where these people have been sleeping for the last 20 years, now they bring out this protest parrarel to the Sikh Federation one, HMMM grin.gif whats going on ere hey??

this isnt the FIRST TIME in 21 years that people have been arrested and tortured, but if this protest is to race with Sikh Federation then it is stupid!!

Why couldnt the same people attend the Sikh Fed protest and lobby day?? and make the numbers increase even more????

Good luck to EVERYONE who is going to protest with a pure heart in protest against the arrest of our brothers and sisters in Punjab and for the Shaheed Singhs!

This is THE most blatant of SNUBS- yet the organisers don't even have the courage to admit it nor are the organisers- the so-called "British Sikh Council" following their own manifesto

However a lot of the INNOCENT young 'uns protesting are being drawn into the political mud-slinging by the BSC.

The next generation of British sikhs should watch out 4 game playing by British sikh council not allow themselves to be used by having fewer larger protests- they should unite & work together :doh:

PLEA TO ALL

Why is it that when ever certain organisations tend to organise an event, that there is some sort of replicated event organised by a different organisation. Why cause general confusion to general Sikh community.

We should all unite together and make one event successful to show the world that WE sikhs across the country are UNITED as one.

I urged to ALL "Panthic" organisations especially one man band organisations not to stir with certain youths to organise seperate events.

FROM whatever background, organisation, caste, color, location we should work together, only then we shall be successful, and the victory shall belong to the khalsa panth.

Khalsa Vir

Please join the demos Outside the Indian High Commission, London

Wednesday 29th June                          3-6pm 

Thursday 30th June                              3-6pm 

Friday 1st July                                      3-6pm

How was yesterday's protest?

Any media coverage yesterday (BBC, ITV, Panjabi radio stations etc.)

Any media coverage today (national papers)

Here we go again....

The feds are at it again...either you do it our way or u cannot do it at all!!!

For those of you who may be too young too remember these guys have been at it for the last 21 years.....

the youth who agreed to turn up this week were told not to by the feds to ensure that they are the only credible voice for sikhs in england they will not let anyone else do anything.

Will the feds openly speak up for HAWARA or all the other singhs who have been arrested no-chance, has one press release been given to support the singhs arrested in the last couple of weeks. no-chance.

These are the same people who used to openly fight with BKI singhs in gurdwaras give full-page advertisments in papers calling babbars- hindus and non-sikhs....im sorry who's still out there in the battle field kicikn <admin-profanity filter activated>?

And everyone who says we should work together..true...but thats not what the feds want we have to work under them..not with them...

history is testament to this... check the old copies of awzw-quam or des pardes....its all there.

Well done Dalbinderjit Singh!!! youv'e surppassed yourself yet again.