Protests in UK OVER 700 INDISCRMINATE DETENTIONS

just_someone

Sikhlionz bro, I totally agree with what you said, the timings were def short notice I agree, I was just commenting on the fact that to me the protests were for the purpose of human rights. Not for the scoring of points of one jatha over another. IF there are some dirty politics being played by the two parties here, then that’s their business I guess, but in my opinion it didn’t seem that way. I was just dissapointed to see the kneejerk reaction of people to just instantly assume that these people were acting just to spite 'them' and 'their' protest! Its ridiculous! We get this time and time again and people are sick of it! Many groups of people trying to get to the same goal but each wants to trip the other so as to be the only one to win the race! For years this has happened and people with love for the cause and movement simply walk away because these indivduals who have more love for their organisation then for fellow sikhs make them sick with their dirty politics.

Theres just so much tu tu meh meh, it’s a joke! Lets face facts whether 20 people turned up or not would not have affected anybodies business. But to use this as ammunition is just low, its like using the pain of our brothers and sisters in punjab for political leverage! Sharm karo!

Leave this babbar ex babbar terrorist banned organisation thing out, all they going to do is retaliate and say that the sikh fed is just the original fed with a very slightly rearranged name! which is also still banned! If this is what both groups want to be part of, then goodluck to both of you, just make sure you don’t let the youth see your dirt and break their hearts.

Guys if the elders are doing this, lets make sure that at least we give our allegencies to the panth over anyone else, not the feds or the uk babbars or anyone else. End of the day it is not these guys who are dying in punjab prisons, it is our bro and sisters, and they couldn’t care less which 'group' freed them from their slavery!!

(Ps if this sounded like an attack against any one group over another, then it was not meant to be, to clarify, this goes for all people who in the name of khalistan are using our martyrs to try and score points over each other, whether you like it or not, we will HAVE to work together for freedom, and that means accepting some differences and sumtimes swallowing our pride for the good of the panth.)

Enough of this for me brothers, just please continue your good work, and please try and get along if you can! rolleyes.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the kashmiris- you'd have to ask some of the major sikh organisations that, but i'm sure they'd be up for it surely?! They've protested in india in the past:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/689546.stm

and are after the same thing as the sikhs vis-a-vis human rights so would be a good idea to put the news up on uk kashmiri forums. On an unrelated note- Love the work MPACUK are doing in scaring the living hell out of labour and hope one day sikhs could unite & form a sikh version of it to scare labour's politicians into actually listening to us for a change.

As for other groups the conference Manmohan's attending is the G8- might be a good idea to invite as many of the Gleneagles protestors over as possible

There is a gleneagles alternative summit & protest going on:

http://www.g8alternatives.org.uk/admin/tes...nt/view/122/39/

Since Iraqi and Palestine Campaign groups are supporting it why shouldn't sikh groups be supporting these too! See were too focused on fighting among ourselves instead of looking out into the bigger world, promoting sikh issues by networking with bigger campaign groups- we help them to help us.

Let's unite :TH:

here WE GO AGEN... along comes AMAN JEE the moderator of this whole world and knows everything, when Sikh Federation UK hasnt said anything against Babbar Khalsa??

Now come on the Babbar Khalsa is perfect isnt it? In Everyway possible!!

Never Killed no Innocent People!! Never EVER tried to sniper Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale! OMG where will we get these perfect people from?

Oh and not forgetting Gurdeep Singh Sebiya (A Babbar Khalsa Leader) who gave all the Kharhkoo Singhs names in and got them killed!!!!!

Hmmm does Black cat ring a bell????

Ok you can see a list of things SF (UK) have done on there website, what have u and your one man band wagon done??

See Aman your kicking up a rift now, Sikh Federation have done enough, and are still doing their Seva for The Panth.

Aman Why is it that Sikh Federation have to raise HAWARA's Name?? they are protesting for the ARREST of ALL THE SINGHS in JAILS, not because they want a day out in London (UNLIKE SOME grin.gif ) !!!

And another thing Aman if you can say those things to our face we will provide full answers to your B**LS**T questions and opinions.

ak47 bro u and the youth don't know how you're being used- i know the leaders of these groups the youth are innocent and ignorant of how bsc and other groups just want to use them to score points against the feddies

i think aman jee however may well know the score and is just trying to cause trouble- the reality is everybody supports the same cause but the bsc and others wished to break away from an EXISTING PROTEST planned a long time in advance to cause trouble

Please join the demos Outside the Indian High Commission, London

Wednesday 29th June                          3-6pm 

Thursday 30th June                              3-6pm 

Friday 1st July                                      3-6pm

How was yesterday's protest?

Any media coverage yesterday (BBC, ITV, Panjabi radio stations etc.)

Any media coverage today (national papers)

106153[/snapback]

Could someone who has attended any of the protests write to say how they went.

Some have clearly been contacting the media as per the original Press Release by the British Sikh Council (asking Sikhs to contact The Times, Guardian, Independent, Daily Telegraph, BBC world news and BBC News TV) as the BBC have been in contact.

The BBC said there has been no sign of any Sikh protesters!

They asked if they had been cancelled!

Can someone from the BSC please respond.

Plea/Advice: For this type of event the organisations that "organise" such protests should themselves contact the media and not generally ask Sikhs in their Press Release - as you have no control on who says what. In future the organisers should provide contact details AND above alll else ensure that the protests actually take place.

Unfortunately, this fiasco is giving a whole new meaning to BEHZTI and it is impacting on ALL Sikhs not just the organisers.

Please join the demos Outside the Indian High Commission, London

Wednesday 29th June                          3-6pm 

Thursday 30th June                              3-6pm 

Friday 1st July                                      3-6pm

How was yesterday's protest?

Any media coverage yesterday (BBC, ITV, Panjabi radio stations etc.)

Any media coverage today (national papers)

106153[/snapback]

Could someone who has attended any of the protests write to say how they went.

Some have clearly been contacting the media as per the original Press Release by the British Sikh Council (asking Sikhs to contact The Times, Guardian, Independent, Daily Telegraph, BBC world news and BBC News TV) as the BBC have been in contact.

The BBC said there has been no sign of any Sikh protesters!

They asked if they had been cancelled!

Can someone from the BSC please respond.

Plea/Advice: For this type of event the organisations that "organise" such protests should themselves contact the media and not generally ask Sikhs in their Press Release - as you have no control on who says what. In future the organisers should provide contact details AND above alll else ensure that the protests actually take place.

Unfortunately, this fiasco is giving a whole new meaning to BEHZTI and it is impacting on ALL Sikhs not just the organisers.

106371[/snapback]

No protesters on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.

7 protesters on Wednesday.

[Above confirmed by the police]

3 protesters today at 4.30pm

A total of 10 protesters in 5 days.

The "organisers" - the British Sikh Council were instead at the protest outside the Foreign and Commonwealth Office today. This had 150-200 protesters.

Please reach your own conclusions.

Ajit Daily even carried a story in Panjab based on a press release issued by the BSC about this weeks protests. Will they now issue an apology for being so poorly organised or another press release to Ajit Daily commenting on their successful protests outside the Indian High Commission!

Please now turn your attention to the original protest.

post-2951-1120241255_thumb.jpg

Come on Gursikho email everyone u know the info displayed above, text others, and shout out to the rest !

TAKE A STAND

There is no 'future', there is no 'tommorow', there is no 'in ten seconds' even, there is only here and NOW.

Whether u take a stand is your choice but the only thing that's certain is times running out for all of us.

:doh: