Swindon Gurdwara

I recently attended a wedding at swindon Gurdwara.

1. the lavan were read WRONG!!

2. the kalgi on the grooms head was on for about 1hr in the DARBAR SAHIB

3. in the hall at the back of the Gurdwara my uncle saw the Gurdwara President DRINKIN SHRAAB in a tent behind the hall away from everyone!!! when i approached the "pardaan" he was totally DRUNK (PISSSED) mind my language!! i said what the hell are you doing? he goes i was sniffing it in a sacastic way, when i looked around other committee members were drinking alcohol and were totally drunk!! then when i questioned them the treasurer said this is the swindon gurdwara and the swindon community affairs dont interfere GET OUT GET OUT, i sed is it your dads Gurdwara??

YOU NEED to go this Gurdwara and see what happens look at these ppl do beadbi of Guru Maharaj!!

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!

That is just way out of order. :)

Ppl go on about young ppl not going gurdwara. It's ppl like the pardaan at that gurdwara an the commitee members who ruin it for the rest of us sikhs.

They of all ppl should be setting an example not drinking espesh in the gurwara.Even if it was in a tent outside it's way out of order!!!!!!!!!

hi, how were the lava read wrong?

its wrong that they were drunk and disorderly, this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

People should do something, but what can be done?

111813[/snapback]

instead of saying people should do something, how about take the initative to do something yourself? if not go and see the gurdwara about it!! then tell someone who will. Do ardas. Theres plenty of stuff that can be done.

Take evidence, photos, video - its allowed, police permit it as "its a public place, if the person being captured doesnt like it, they can leave". So no1 can stop you, if they damage your camera, then its vanadlism on their part therefore you have yet another reason to expose!

Sadh Sangat Jio...

The lavan were read wrong as after the "pale Taindi Lagi" shabad is read and the girls father passes her the boy's palah, the lavan begin, and suddenly i heard "salokh mahala..." i looked up and the Singh was reading a Hukamnama, then another Singh ran from the other side of the stage and said, "eitho parna ah" your supposed to read from here!!! and pointed where, then....

Gurbani thuks le was read with la, and la with le!!!!

If anyone wants to see this with their own eyes, ring up the Gurdwara ask them when the next wedding is and see what happens (what the committee wale and president (pardaan) of the Gurdwara do) in the tent behind the "punjabi community centre" which in the Gurdwara grounds!!

Its sooo sick! meat sharaab in Gurdwara grounds??

Amritdhari nitnemi GurSikhs are needed to run this Gurdwara, not "so called" sikhs who have their beard tied up, or clean shaven mona's who are drunk!!

i said to the committee wale including the president, what if sumat happens in the Gurdwara Sahib or Darbaar Sahib itself and the president has to go inside how will he??

they said he's got no need to we'll see when it happens!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use