How To Sharpen Shaster?

Jagmeet

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, true. But then blunt shasters are of no use are they? And so therefore they become for show instead or praticality. I wish to sharpen the shaster so they can be used to throw towards a board or something (training purposes).

knife sharperners? wats that? lol

oh and the shaster i kept in my dhumala rather then actual kesh, :)

oh and another thing (hehe, excuse my english i can be bothered to go back and rephrase), the 5 shaster u get with a chain and kara, ive seen some gursikhs wear them, but the shaster are really small and well not really practical to use. Also the chain can get stuck in your hair if not placed properly in the keskhi, as the chain can rip hairs out. Something someone told me.

The normal Kesh/Dumalle Wale Shastar you get nowadays have such fat edges that you will be trying to sharpen them forever with a sharpening stone, and even if you do put the effort into doing it you will lose the edge very quickly. If you are insistent on trying to sharpen them then get a bench grinder to take the edge down quicker and easier. Those "shastar" are not designed to be used as throwing stars/knives as they are not balanced.

thanks gurbar akal for that, didnt think they werent practical. could you post any pics of which shaster are practical to use and not just for show? wud be really great if you could, as I very little knowledge of shaster.

thanks u!

p.s i did have a look the shasters and i had a feeling they didnt balance right!

wud be eveb better if u did a comparison of the shasters that are practical and that aren't!

knife sharperners? wats that? lol

112650[/snapback]

there sharpners that sharpen knives...lol LOL.gif

112651[/snapback]

lol, i meant like ive never heard of them before. what do they look like and are they easily available?

112653[/snapback]

lol...sorry. Nor hav I herd ov em be4, so I jus took a WILD gues...lol...Then again Sori didnt mean to be rude...