Is It In Taksali Maryada

Khalsa Ji,

It is not a marayada in taksal but some of you might know that like akhand keertanis they don't eat stuff and only get served karah prasad in srabloh's utensils like this, also today's saints also don't eat from in pangat(langar hall with sangat) and also eat different food than sangat so, the same way some strict taksli singhs eat the langar but not in pangat. These all is counted in SUCH because they think that their might be a mistake or could be while serving or making langar.

Or Damdami Taksal's Rehat Maryada visit here.

I hope you all know understand. Thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so they could be doing it for sucham...but that they would do only if the langar is not being served in full suchamta to the entire sangat.

i can assure the sangat that there are 3 cooks at our gurdwara, one i think is akal takhat, one akj and another is taksali.

the langar is prepared by amritdharis, maybe not on akhand paath days because some bibiya tend to make pakoras and what have you. though i havent seen a strict amritdhari touch that!

i also dont think that the thaals are made of sarabloh, just plain old normal steel. and the pots made for the dhaals etc, i dont think they are sarabloh either. im not sure actually. but the taksali singh who gets a few thaals, cups and spoons goes upstairs, where i think the sarabloh stuff is kept. and from there the food is served.

and also eat different food than sangat so, the same way some strict taksli singhs eat the langar but not in pangat

thats funny because i can clearly remember one absoloute strict taksali (gyaani gurdeep singh) taking langar and then sitting in pangat once upon a time, thats before baba ji did akal chaarana that is. since then, i havent seen him do that.

These all is counted in SUCH because they think that their might be a mistake or could be while serving or making langar.

singho, i love every jatha there is, in fact quite a few amritdhari singhs i know are taksal di singh sahib, in fact even the langar is prepared by a taksali singh working with an akj and (i presume an akal takhat singh), what wrong can there be if three representitives of a jatha work together as one to feed the hungry mouths of hundreds per day? grin.gif

well anyway, thanks for the info

gustaphi maaf

Satsriakal to all and Kandola Ji!

Here is a wonderful Shabad from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

khu pMifq sUcw kvnu Twau ]

kaho pandit soochaa kavan thaa-o.

Say Pandit! Which place is uncontaminated

jhW bYis hau Bojnu Kwau ]1] rhwau ]

jahaaN bais ha-o bhojan khaa-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Where should I sit eating meal ||1||Pause|| SGGS ANG 1195-6

Some people may have found that place.

Balbir Singh

Satsriakal to all and Kandola Ji!

Here is a wonderful Shabad from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

khu pMifq sUcw kvnu Twau ]

kaho pandit soochaa kavan thaa-o.

Say Pandit! Which place is uncontaminated

jhW bYis hau Bojnu Kwau ]1] rhwau ]

jahaaN bais ha-o bhojan khaa-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Where should I sit eating meal ||1||Pause|| SGGS ANG 1195-6

Some people may have found that place.

Balbir Singh

112815[/snapback]

Are you trying to be sarcastic? :mconfu:

Don't try to blame the singhs. (as Kandola veerji clearly mentioned that they are chardikala) We can not know why they are doing this unless we go and talk to them about it.

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

wahe guru ji ka khalsa wahe guru ji ke fateh hai ji. kaur penji i agree with balbir veerji. this is kandola veerji dubidaa.

i tell kandola veerji also plz veerjio dubidaa vich nhe pana. i request u veerjio plz do more than more learn baani. if any singh or penji fill bad plz moorakh nu forgive kardayo.

Dhan guru gobind singh ji.

Gurber akaal.gurfateh. :)

Satsriakal to all and Kaür Ji!

These are your words.

"okay...

so they could be doing it for sucham...but that they would do only if the langar is not being served in full suchamta to the entire sangat.

which is not a good thing"

I have referred Gurbani for your statement.

There are many Godly activities which make one smile. It is not only your statement.

I wish and hope to find an answer too.

Why do we expect others to behave the way we like?

First we are presented with the frame of religion. Then we search for a photo that fits in it and wonder.

Balbir Singh

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

jarnailnehung veerji, i agree this is a dubidha, and should be dealt with. :)

Balbir Singh veerji, i agree with the baani u mentioned, but the line you wrote underneath "Some people may have found that place." that seems to take the mick out of what the singhs might be doing. sorry if i misunderstood that, but i didn't like the comment.

The shabad you mentioned, in the whole of it, Bhagat Kabeer ji tells how an unfortunate person is jootha.

Awvih jUTy jwih BI jUTy jUTy mrih ABwgy ]1]

aavehi joothae jaahi bhee joothae joothae murehi abhaagae

Impure they come, and impure they go. The unfortunate ones die in impurity. ||1||

but at the end, Bhagat ji says

kih kbIr qyeI nr sUcy swcI prI ibcwrw ]4]1]7]

kehi kubeer thaeee nur soochae saachee puree bichaaraa

Says Kabeer, they alone are pure, who have obtained pure understanding. ||4||1||7||

If the singhs are chardikala, as kandola veerji mentioned, then they just dont fit into unfortunate ones. The shabad mainly states the life of the unfortunate ones, those who are only stuck into the rituals of suchamta, but do not care about the bhagti part.

Please keep in mind that we as Guru ke sikh, are supposed to keep some level of bibek in everything we do, including bibek in what we eat.

Bibek is basically the ability to identify the wrong and the right. We ask for bibek daan in the ardas. Why? so that we know what is right and what is wrong, and we are able to lead our lives according to Gurmat.

bhul chuk di khima....

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

Satsriakal to all and Kaür Ji!

I appreciate your views.

Your approach seems to be pure and simple toward Vaheguru Ji.

I feel many simple Sikhs live near with God than so-called preachers.

--------------

Our Gurus sat even with Kings in Pangat for Langar.

Gurbani clearly mentions that 'soochaa' and 'soochaachaaree' is one who has received the True Shabad.

Purity (sooch) at all levels of our existence develops with the Gurshabad. This purity brings one closer not only to God but to all that where God dwells.

What kind of purity is this that separates one from God beings?

Gurbani says sbid imly sy sUcwcwrI swcI drgh mwny ]

sabad milay say soochaachaaree saachee dargeh maanay. SGGS ANG 1332-7

The practitioners of purity are those who receive Shabad. They experience the true dwelling place.

qnu sUcw so AwKIAY ijsu mih swcw nwau ]

tan soochaa so aakhee-ai jis meh saachaa naa-o. SGGS ANG 19-16

The body is said to be pure, in which the True Name abides.

One comes to know the reality of Truth and Purity when he receives the Gurshabad.

The strange behavior of a person shows what is missing.

swic sUcw sdw nwnk gur sbid Jgru inbyrE ]4]2]

saach soochaa sadaa naanak gur sabad jhagar nibayra-o. SGGS ANG 844-10

Truth is ever pure. Nanak! Gurshabad resolves conflict.

--------------

In my view, it is not Bibek. It is Buddhi that is basically the ability to analyze the wrong and the right.

Bibek is the capability to accept God's Hukum.

I do not feel mocking at a person who is already suffering and is missing God's Grace.

Balbir Singh