Why Radha Soamis Are Successful?

sikh_a_disciple

Today The Radha Soami Sect is successful only because of 2 things;

1) They are teaching the preachings of our Guru Granth Sahebji in the simple language which can be easily understood by the masses. While we Sikhs just do the preaching in Gurmukhi which is not very easy to understand for the masses.

2). The Radhasoami Satguru has invested all the donation in purchasing Land throughout the world. After Government of India , Radhasoami has the maximum land in the developed Areas of India. I've also heard that maximum shares in Ranbaxy Industries belong to the Radhasoami Satguru. While our so called leaders of our Panths have just made a mockery of our Sikhs. They have just one leader & for Sikhs every region has his own leader.

Radha Soami use two concepts from Satguru Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

- Naam/ Naam Daan

- Poora Guru

Without a Poora (Perfect) Guru you cannot be liberated:

ibnu gur pUry nwhI auDwru ]

Without the Perfect Guru, no one is saved. (Ang 886)

And the Poora Guru gives the disciple "Naam".

siqguir dIAw AMimRq nwmu ]2]

The True Guru bestows the Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||2|| (Ang 1328)

Confused or Simple (Bhole Bhaale) women and men get stuck in the mind games of these people, because they quote Gurbaani in their Satsang. HOWEVER the Gurbaani is selectively used and they expand or add on to it with their own words and teachings. If there was a copyright on Gurbaani then Radha Soamis would be big legal trouble.

These two concepts should be discussed and done vichaar on in regards to gurmat.

we need to discuss and understand:

* need of poora guru

* qualities (gun) of poora guru - traits of a pakhandi

* weigh up things - who can be parallel to poora guru - satguru nanak dev ji and the Das Guru Sahibaans?

* what is naam

* where is naam

* how to experience naam

Gurbaani tells us where Naam is found:

iesu kwieAw AMdir nwmu nau iniD pweIAY gur kY sbid vIcwrw ]4]

Within this body are the nine treasures of the Naam; contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad, it is obtained. ||4|| (Ang 754)

iehu mnu dyhI soiD qUM gur sbid vIcwir ]

Reform this mind and body, by contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

nwnk iesu dyhI ivic nwmu inDwnu hY pweIAY gur kY hyiq Apwir ]8]10]32]

O Nanak, within this body is the treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; it is found through the Love of the Infinite Guru. ||8||10||32|| (Ang 427)

sB ikCu Gr mih bwhir nwhI ]

Everything is within the home of the self; there is nothing beyond.

bwhir tolY so Brim BulwhI ]

One who searches outside is deluded by doubt.

gur prswdI ijnI AMqir pwieAw so AMqir bwhir suhylw jIau ]1]

By Guru's Grace, one who has found the Lord within is happy, inwardly and outwardly. ||1||

To Read Full Shabad

I was listening to Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen's Katha on "Maya". Giani Ji was saying that Maya is that which put up a wall (deevaar) between oneself and Waheguru.

Our parents can become Maya when they become a blockage, a hinderance and obstacle between our relationship with Vaheguru and our soul.

Money can become Maya when it becomes a distraction, hinderance and obstruction between the relationship of Vaheguru and our soul.

The Guru could also become Maya if we become stuck in the Guru and the Guru is a dead end. For example, a fake holy man (pakhandi saadh or guru) pretends to give spiritual advice to someone and then expects the disciple to pay him money or feed him. The Pakhandi will want the follower to seek outwards for peace, to seek outwards for Naam, to seek outwards for contenment i.e. in the Pakhandi.

However, Dhan Dhan Satguru Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not a wall (deevaar) blocking our relationship with Waheguru. Guru Granth sahib ji is a "Duaar", a door to walk through. Hence we call the place where the Guru is, "Gur-duaraa" (the Guru's door). The Guru is like a mirror. We rely on the Guru, seek guidance of the Guru and serve the Guru - and the Guru says "Look within in yourself". The Guru is a mirror where one sees the "true-self". The True Guru is a door to Vaheguru, not a wall obstructing the relationship to Vaheguru.

I am trying to upload a powerpoint presentation on "What is True Guru?" put together by Dr. Gurnam Singh (from Warwick), who is a University lecturer at Coventry Uni and Warwick Uni. However the file seems too big.

Here is some stuff from Bhai sahib's presentation on "what is true guru?":

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a Guru? General definitions:

* Somebody from the ‘East’

* Spiritual teacher

* Holy person

* Enlightened person

* Master/Ustad/expert and teacher (e.g. Ravi Shankar)

* Liberated being – Jeevan Mukat

* Divine being

* Saviour

Guru Ramdas Ji on True Guru

siqguru ibrhI nwm kw jy imlY q qnu mnu dyau ]

The True Guru is the Lover of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Meeting Him, I dedicate my body and mind to Him

siqguru swgru gux nwm kw mY iqsu dyKx kw cwau ]

The True Guru is the Ocean of Virtue of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. I have such a yearning to see Him!

hau iqsu ibnu GVI n jIvaU ibnu dyKy mir jwau ]6]

Without Him, I cannot live, even for an instant. If I do not see Him, I die. ||6||

ijau mCulI ivxu pwxIAY rhY n ikqY aupwie ]

As the fish cannot survive at all without water,

iqau hir ibnu sMqu n jIveI ibnu hir nwmY mir jwie ]7]

the Saint cannot live without the Lord. Without the Lord's Name, he dies. ||7||

siqguru myrw sdw sdw nw AwvY n jwie ]

My True Guru, forever and ever, does not come and go.

Ehu AibnwsI purKu hY sB mih rihAw smwie ]13]

He is the Imperishable Creator Lord; He is permeating and pervading among all. ||13||

Sat + Guru = Satguru

* Waheguru

- Akal Purakh

- Shabad Guru,

- Satgur (infinite lord)

* Guru Nanak

* 8 Gurus

* Guru Gobind Singh Ji

- Guru Granth Sahib Ji embodiment of true guru

- Panj piaray – authority of true guru

BYrau mhlw 5 ] Guru Arjan on Satiguru

siqguru myrw bymuhqwju ] My True Guru is totally independent.

siqgur myry scw swju ] My True Guru is adorned with Truth.

siqguru myrw sBs kw dwqw ] My True Guru is the giver of all.

siqguru myrw purKu ibDwqw ]1] My True Guru shapes all destiny. ||1||

gur jYsw nwhI ko dyv ] There is no deity equal to the Guru.

ijsu msqik Bwgu su lwgw syv ]1] rhwau ] Whoever has good destiny does sewa

To Read Full Shabad

continueing with Dr. Gurnam Singh's presentation....

General characteristics of a true guru

* Somebody who is liberated from the panj chore or five deadly vices: lust, anger, greed, pride and attachment.

* Somebody who has no enmity, sees all as equal, if free from prejudice and hatred.

* Has the capacity to change peoples mind and to dispel falsehood for the betterment of them and society.

* Spreads peace, justice, love and happiness wherever s/he treads.

* Works and lives in and through social life.

* Has nor sees any duality between this life and after life. i.e. between life and death.

* Does selfless sewa – is disciple and guru at once.

* Has the power of naam and distribute this to others.

* Has no praise for self but infinite praise for waheguru.

kl mih rwm nwmu swru ]

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Lord's Name is the most sublime.

AKI q mItih nwk pkVih Tgx kau sMswru ]1] rhwau ]

Some people try to deceive the world by closing their eyes and holding their nostrils closed. ||1||Pause||

AWt syqI nwku pkVih sUJqy iqin loA ]

They close off their nostrils with their fingers, and claim to see the three worlds.

mgr pwCY kCu n sUJY eyhu pdmu AloA ]2]

But they cannot even see what is behind them. What a strange lotus pose this is! ||2||

(Ang 662, SGGS)

What is a fake Guru?

ind1.jpg_1108154_mobile150.jpg

* Looks like a ‘holy man’ but doesn’t act like one.

* Displays aggression, pride and anger, even if this is minor.

* Somebody who asks (directly and indirectly) for monetary donations.

* Gives undue/undeserved respect to people in power (corrupt officials, police, politicians)

* One who condones oppression or fails to oppose inhuman treatment and tyrannical rulers

* Seeks physical comfort or seeks physical discomfort!

* Over indulges in societal activities or withdraws from society altogether!

* Claims to give you Enlightenment at a touch.

* Claims magical and occult powers

* Makes sexual advances

* Makes false claims, such as having powers to cure diseases (physical, social and psychological).

* lives an ostentatious life and demands gifts from their disciples to support their lifestyle.

* Someone who is psychologically manipulating.

* Preys on weak and desperate people.

* Uses fancy marketing techniques to convince others of their holiness.

Fake pir held for rape

FAISALABAD, March 31: Police claimed on Thursday to have arrested a self-proclaimed Pir, allegedly involved in a dozen rape cases. The police said Ishaq alias Jin Pir was wanted in several cases of fraud and rape. Nishatabad police arrested the accused and handed him over to investigation wing. —

http://www.dawn.com/2005/04/01/nat21.htm

Kabeer on Fake gurus

Awsw kbIr]

gj swFy qY qY DoqIAw iqhry pwiein qg ]

They wear loin cloths, three and a half yards long, and triple-wound sacred threads.

glI ijn@w jpmwlIAw loty hiQ inbg ]

They have rosaries around their necks, and they carry glittering jugs in their hands.

Eie hir ky sMq n AwKIAih bwnwris ky Tg ]1]They are not called Saints of the Lord - they are the thugs and fraudsters of Benares. ||1||

AYsy sMq n mo kau Bwvih ]

Such 'saints' are not pleasing to me;

To Read Full Shabad

False gurus and Guru Teg Bahadur Ji

* Guru Harkrishan Sahib departed on March 30, 1664 AD

* Ordained next guru would be “Baba Bakala!”

* 22 fake gurus of the Sodhi clan lined up for guruship arguing amongst each other

* 12 months passed

* Makhan Shah Lubana, gursikh trader from Gujrat survuves a storm

* Came to Baba Bakala to make an offering to Guru ji

* He finally docoveres the true guru

- “Gur ladho ray! gur ladho ray!”

* Baba Gurditta, the grandson of Baba Buddha ji performed ceremony

makhanlubana.jpg

What a Radha Soami would consider plus points about being Radha Soami:

* Don't have to wake up Amrit-vela

* No need to you a shower, bath or wash your face in the morning.

* There's no Rehat like doing Nitnem etc.

* Only prohibition is "no meat", but you can smoke tobacco. drinking is not good but its not "bad, bad" because you ain't exactly killing anyone or anything to drink it.

* Go to Sat-sangs whenever you have time

* Saying "Radha-Soami" as greeting to follow Radha Soamis

Being a Sikh:

* Waking up Amrit-vela

* A Sikh has to wake up in the morning and have a shower, and wash face, fresh to do paath and simran.

* Strict Rehat to discipline mind and body - panj kakaar, got to tell the truth, not allowed to lie, no stealing, sarbat da bhala, keeping clean and hygienic

* Unique dress and appearance.

* No drugs, no tabocco, alcohol or anything which harms the body (the temple where Vaheguru abides).

* Saying "Waaheguroo Ji Ka Khaalsa, Waaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh" to fellow Sikhs.

radhaswoami's are doing well because they actually use the money they get for good... sum1 was tellin me that there are actually more radhaswoami gurdwara's then sikh gurdwara's in india... and not to mention they build schools and hospitals in towns all over india... tha's why people (including many sikhs) are becoming radhaswoami... spgc can learn somethin from them actually... even the hospitals and stuff they have now are falling apart... millions and millinos of rupees are brought into spgc and yet, nobody knows where it goes... why not at least keep punjab developed ...

radhaswoami's are doing well because they actually use the money they get for good... sum1 was tellin me that there are actually more radhaswoami gurdwara's then sikh gurdwara's in india... and not to mention they build schools and hospitals in towns all over india... tha's why people (including many sikhs) are becoming radhaswoami... spgc can learn somethin from them actually... even the hospitals and stuff they have now are falling apart... millions and millinos of rupees are brought into spgc and yet, nobody knows where it goes... why not at least keep punjab developed ...

120281[/snapback]

Very much agree with most your points.

The SGPC has been around for a long time but has done very little. Next time anyone is in India go to an SGPC hospital for a visit and see how dirty it is. Take a look at the Radha Soami hospital on the GT road and it is stunning and looks very clean (I am told it is run very well and to high standards).

We can keep blaming the GOI but the reality is the SGPC parchar committee have done nothing. They take the sangats money are given vehicles and all they do is go aorund delivering political sermons for badal. We have a SGPC Parchar Committee member in our locality and all him and his family do is missuse official SGPC vehicles for family use (they should be used for parchar). Most the local Gurdwara do not even let him do parchar as all he ever did was political speaches to get badal SGPC nominiees voted in.

Every where we go in Punjab we have Sant who set their own Gurdwara/Tath/Dera. This further divides the Panth. In contrast the Radha Soamis of Beas (I am talking about the main branch of Beas here and not the tiny breakaway groups) have a firm grip over their sect.