Unity Statement - Public Discussion Meeting 12 Oct

JagtarSinghKhalsa

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

ok so thats 5 with ur camera, I cant believe no one else has said they coming.

hope 'Guru Da Sikh' got his ticket sorted?

yeah JSK might be there :) @

come on I'm sure there's more ppl who gonna come or is 9 way past ur bedtime? grin.gif

in case anyone knows, dum Q but if i do come whats the chances of it being packed and me being turned away grin.gif . I mean maybe from some past experiences u may know?

125607[/snapback]

Highly unlikely that you will be turned away - packing the aisles is always a good option in such instances.

PS. I lost the other person who I was bringing along - we're down 1 now ;-(

Maybe I should bring 2 cameras to compenstate ;-)

GDS - you better get a move on - or yooll be late - it's only 3500 miles - whats the hold up ;-)

GurFateh

well Amorpheous singh I dont think u were there or if u were I didnt notice - saw 3 singhs there and none had 2 or 1 cameras so I'm assuming u got lost on the way or went to pick up 'Guru Da Sikh from Heathrow and got stuck in traffic.

OK someone PM'ed to ask how it went so I said I would post my reply on this thread.

Well I never knew JSK was gonna be speaking, I'm assuming that was him right?

OK well it was an effective speech, I think it was needed because it shocked a lot of the muslims around me who didnt know that the sikhs had been made to suffer like this in 1984.

Proper shock and gasp and silence and all that when the Singh spoke, all good.

But I was quite disturbed by some of the muslim and even gora speakers.

Well some of the muslims were cheering too much and too many loud claps and woooh woooohs when someone would make a speech that said u havr to understand that muslims have been made to suffer and all that.

OK I@m not being too clear here but soz im tired.

OK basically, where I was sitting there were cheers when a speaker would say that Tony Blair is the real bad guy and needs to sort himself out and that no one stops to understand that the west has ill treated muslims and thats why more terrorism.

But when a speaker said that we need peace and we are against suicide bombers and all that - well the cheers just stopped around me anyways.

It made me sad.

Then some speakers were just trying to get support so came out with ridiculous stuff- (maybe I heard this wrong after a long day but this is what i thought one speaker said) - someone said that UK obsessed abt terrorism and trying to control this but have they ever tried to concentrate on other issues such as pakistanis and bangladeshis living in poverty.

Er if i heard that right and i hope i didnt, then ppl nodded in agreement that yes the govt needs to consider improving living conditions rather than concentrating on terrorism- thats how it came across- got a lot of claps though :) @

That guy that was screaming a lot, well someone needed to tell him he had a microphone so he didnt have to be so loud. I heard that guy talk/scream b4 and this time he wasnt as bad lol but he needs to calm down, islam believes in peace, it is a peaceful religion and so it would be good if the speakers talked peacefully abt peace grin.gif .

Yet it worried me that so many muslims stood and clapped and cheered and nodded in approval of what he said yet he seems to be the most ridiculous speaker i have ever come across which is why i didnt clap for the guy (not that it mattered he had enough support).

ok all the negative aside, it was worth going to but shame not many sikhs there but still the fact that there were a few was all good and what the heck a speaker was sikh.

Learnt a lot from different views, all good, soz its not an intellgient reply lol but hey it'll do.

Will post main points of what the Sikh speaker said in the next 24 hours.

Quite often if we have the "right" person to speak the TRUTH for us in a controlled and professional manner then the reaction of "policy" makers, sensible people in the audiance, politicians, those "gathering" intelligence etc. is the Sikhs are sensible people of principle, with serious convictions. People we can work with and rely on to do the RIGHT thing.

I agree it was disappointing that only 3/4 Sikhs attended. We must try and attend in greater numbers at such meetings of activists so we can network with the more sensible elements and get them to join in our campaigns, protests etc. For example - Sikhs in the Square on Sunday 6 November.

well Amorpheous singh I dont think u were there or if u were I didnt notice - saw 3 singhs there and none had 2 or 1 cameras so I'm assuming u got lost on the way or went to pick up 'Guru Da Sikh from Heathrow and got stuck in traffic.

Yes something like that -I'm afraid I a "time slip eveloped me" ;-0 - JSK can explain - but it's not important here. More importantly .....

OK someone PM'ed to ask how it went so I said I would post my reply on this thread.

Well I never knew JSK was gonna be speaking, I'm assuming that was him right?

OK well it was an effective speech, I think it was needed because it shocked a lot of the muslims around me who didnt know that the sikhs had been made to suffer like this in 1984.

Proper shock and gasp and silence and all that when the Singh spoke, all good.

..... Is that people recognize what an eloquent and accomplished speaker JSK is and how well he gets the Sikh point of view across in a manner that is highly effective. He is also a tireless worker in often thankless environments.

ok all the negative aside, it was worth going to but shame not many sikhs there but still the fact that there were a few was all good and what the heck a speaker was sikh.

Learnt a lot from different views, all good, soz its not an intellgient reply lol but hey it'll do.

This is often the case - it was pretty much like this at Operation Black Vote - where it was possible to put the home secretary on the spot from the floor. Again in a very highly effectiive manner.

Yes we really do need more people to attend - but someone is always better than no one. It's just that more would be better (thou I am guilty in this instance) - but the main thing is that this encourges people to turn up for future events and not to be discouraged by low turn outs - but to come again to the next one (whatever/whenever that is) and to try and bring someone with you.

1 extra person each time has a great snowball effect.

Stay in Chardi Kala

GurFateh