Y Did Guru Ji Chose..

curious_man

"Panch parvaan..Panch pardhaan..pancheh sohan...."

panch in japji sahib does not mean 5 but shraist(utam)- chosen high elevated gurmukhs. Please check out japji sahib katha in gurmat section.

138178[/snapback]

listen to sant gyani kartaar singh jees katha on gurmatveechar.com , i cant remember the filename anymore but it may be the rehat in sikhi one,,,he gives an explanation very different than the one given by gyani takhur singh in the stuff u've been posting

138338[/snapback]

there are many levels of interpretation of Gurbani, all of them valid. Gurbani is extremely deep, even the interpretations by Namstang show two interpretations.

I have heard Mahapursh say that once your anbhav gets going then everytime you read Gurbani you understand it differently

5 Sikhs together - consider that the Guru Himself is there

5 pyare - look at their names and order they were called - its v significant

Dya Singh - you have to have Dya

Dharam Singh - when you have Dya you get Dharam

Mohkam Singh - When you get Dharam then eventuall you get mohkam/stability

Himmat Singh - when you have stability you have to apply himmat

Sahib Singh - when you have these 4 characteristics then you are a Singh Sahib.

138279[/snapback]

d_oh.gifpray.gif :lol:

AKAAAAAAAL!!!!

what i wanna know is why were they all male?

i dont think males and females are "equal" because i knw it says in gurabni, but none 5 pyare are women,  no women can become one of the pyare (was a issue awhile ago) and when guru nanak married,  he only did 4 walks around not 7 such as hindus, and in the hindus, the women takes the lead half way,  but this did not happen and does not happen in sikhism here the man is always in the front during the walk around the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.  Can someone explain?

138283[/snapback]

Gurbani vich males or females vich koi antar nahi paeya, kiyoke Maharaj ne sabna nu ikko samjea...

So panj pyare vich Woman baan sakdi je kar Guru Gobind Singh ji de keen tee koi woman utth jandi, jis tra punj pyare utthe sii!!!

Asal vich asi sare woman heen,sirf ik hi MAN heen...AKAL PURKH!! :TH:

...karta purakh nirbhoo...

Bhul chuk maf...Rab Rakha

WJKK, WJKF pray.gif

"Panch parvaan..Panch pardhaan..pancheh sohan...."

panch in japji sahib does not mean 5 but shraist(utam)- chosen high elevated gurmukhs. Please check out japji sahib katha in gurmat section.

138178[/snapback]

listen to sant gyani kartaar singh jees katha on gurmatveechar.com , i cant remember the filename anymore but it may be the rehat in sikhi one,,,he gives an explanation very different than the one given by gyani takhur singh in the stuff u've been posting

138338[/snapback]

there are many levels of interpretation of Gurbani, all of them valid. Gurbani is extremely deep, even the interpretations by Namstang show two interpretations.

I have heard Mahapursh say that once your anbhav gets going then everytime you read Gurbani you understand it differently

138349[/snapback]

Tusi ik daam thik keha heen Bhaji...

Gurbani da koi aantt nahi pa sakda..."...uche upr ucha naaoo..." , ehi taan sabb to badhi gaall heen, ajj jehrhe pakhandhi sant heen, oh sirf gurbani di koi apne upar dhukdi hoiy tuk lga kar bholi sangat nu apne pishe lai phirde heen!! :lol:

...je kar asi sirf ik hiin tuk nu parh kar maan laie taan asi bhoot hi ucchi avasta teen phooch sakde heen...bhar sikhi khandheo tikhi heen jis marag teen chalna bhoot hi okha heen...

Fathe

,Dec 5 2005, 06:09 PM]what i wanna know is why were they all male?

i dont think males and females are "equal" because i knw it says in gurabni, but none 5 pyare are women,  no women can become one of the pyare (was a issue awhile ago) and when guru nanak married,  he only did 4 walks around not 7 such as hindus, and in the hindus, the women takes the lead half way,  but this did not happen and does not happen in sikhism here the man is always in the front during the walk around the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.  Can someone explain?

138283[/snapback]

Gurbani vich males or females vich koi antar nahi paeya, kiyoke Maharaj ne sabna nu ikko samjea...

So panj pyare vich Woman baan sakdi je kar Guru Gobind Singh ji de keen tee koi woman utth jandi, jis tra punj pyare utthe sii!!!

Asal vich asi sare woman heen,sirf ik hi MAN heen...AKAL PURKH!! :TH:

...karta purakh nirbhoo...

Bhul chuk maf...Rab Rakha

WJKK, WJKF pray.gif

138352[/snapback]

What he said...

Gurbani put males and females at the same level.. no higher nor lower, Because Guruu Ji never saw the difference between the 2 (such was his pyar!)

Women COULD'VE been one of the 5 pyarre.. but only if, after Guru Gobind SIngh Ji's calls, they stood up to give their heads like the 5 pyarre had done.

Actually, we are all women, the brides of the only man.. AKAL PRUrakH HIMSELF! (gurbani uses the metaphor that our souls r brides while God is our husband)