Moving

msjskb

Please take some time and read this.

Heres a snippet:

"Fifteen years old. Round chubby face. Aching black eyes. She stumbled out of the first rescue bus. Torment she had endured for 36 hours surged out when she saw us. ‘‘Meri izzat loot li (they raped me),’’ she cried out. She pulled away the loose, crumpled kurta from her shoulders to reveal a gash from her left collar bone to right breast, covered with dried blood, ‘‘Dekho, dekho, unhone kya kiya mere saath (see, see what they did to me).”

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=57863

Definately moving.

This is a indian newspaper writing this. I didnt realise these things existed.

How shameful am i.......live my life as if everything is fine...live my life as if all scores have been settled....live my life like this because that wasnt my family....live my life like this because i dont feel the hurt of what happend to our people.

Shame on me.

This was posted on this site some time back.

I have a couple of mine, too. One is of defiance. A group of Sikh taxi drivers outside Imperial Hotel on Janpath decided to protect themselves as the state — South and North Blocks, Rashtrapati Bhavan and Parliament are less than a kilometre away — had chosen to abdicate all responsibility. They picked up chains, sticks, iron-rods, just stones and decided to take on the mobs. On the afternoon of November 2, I was with a small group of reporters that witnessed this remarkable incident. A mob of several hundred would converge on the taxi stand shouting the by-now-familiar slogan: khoon ka badla khoon, Indiraji hum sharminda hain, tere qatil jinda hain (blood for blood, Indira we are ashamed, your killers are alive).

But the small group of taxi drivers, instead of fleeing, challenged them with what looked like a whole motor workshop converted into an armoury — they had even plucked out fenders from their Ambassadors. A dozen assaults were mounted, each was beaten back and soon enough many helpless bystanders, including us reporters, were cheering.

All it took were a few brave men to keep at bay a mob of the kind that was looting, pillaging and killing in many parts of the city, unquestioned, unchallenged and often helped by a police force that looked more complicit than even Modi’s in Gujarat, 2001. In Gujarat at least the police opened fire several times, killing Hindus and Muslims. Here you found Delhi policemen openly talk of the need to teach the Sikhs a lesson. Only in Paharganj did we see some police firing. But, as it turned out, the story here was that some armed Sikhs (“Khalistani sympathisers”) were apparently hiding in a house. So two groups of Delhi policemen and one of CRPF were firing at it. It was so farcical, entirely comical — except there was a real fear of some reward-seeking policemen getting caught in this competitive friendly fire.

Ive heard many stories like above where a couple of singhs get toghter and fight back hundreds of mobs, despite the fact the mobs were armed, paid and tanked up with booz, (all payed for ov' course by the indian government,) it didnt stop them running away like lil' cockroaches when just a Few gursikhs decide to put up a fight.

if sikhi was stronger within those who were targetted in 1984, we wouldnt be hearing about a "the delhi massacre" rather it would of been "the delhi city-wide Street fight".

though things like this happen for a reason, it taught us that both Bani and bana are neccesary (as guru sahibs stresses), we're Meant to be Militarized, we are supposed to put our will in gods hand and take on the impossible.

but how many people have learnt from the government organised pograms? not many.

if the governemnt organised another massacre like the one in delhi than the same number of sikhs will die in those horrible circumstances if not more. rmemeber this stuff is recent history only happended 20 yrs ago.

If we already have bani we should know how to use weapons of all types, Both the attack of sri akaal takht and the delhi organised pograms should of made us realise that already.

• 2 weeks later...