Vaheguru Resides In Mankind:

heart

Vaheguru jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru jee kee fateh.

The statement: Vaheguru Resides in Mankind.

'Today' i am old. 'Yesterday' i was young and proud of my heath, looks, physical strength, political power, etc. The 'day before yesterday', i was just a baby crying or sleeping most of the time, but a joy and hope to my parents who ar no longer here to look after me. 'Tomorrow' i will be dead and buried or cremated. Nothing will be left of Me except my children, who, in their turn, will also die. Their children will continue this cycle. No one can tell when this cycle began. Furthermore, no one can tell when this cycle will end, if it ever will.

Now you know 'My history'. But can you tell who 'I' am or who 'I' was. Am 'I' a baby, a child, a young man, al old man, or nothing but dust, my final form? Maybe, 'I' was none of these; at the same time, maybe 'I' actually was. To answer this question, let us have a second look at what 'I' had been.

We thought 'I' was born, grew old, and died. Actually not 'i' but 'My' body was born, it increased in size, grew old and finally died. When 'my' body returned to the earth, it constitutes, all of which came from earth, became earth again. They were picked up by the planets and trees to start another cycle. All through this cycle, everybody had the illusion that ' My' body was 'I'.

If you ask now what 'I' was, the answer would be "All through this cycle 'I' was the "livingless," Soul, or life in the body." 'MY' body, not 'I', underwent continuous changes in its form and size. 'i' (inside my body) remained unchanged with the physical changes in my body. 'i' did not grow or become old or die. Neither could 'i' do anything to 'my' body such as stop its growth or make it grow more quickly. For example, a person of fifteen years of age cannot become thirty years old in a couple of month, or a thirty year old man remains the same forever without becoming old or dying. 'my' body underwent all changes independent of 'me' and 'my' wishes. The birth, growth and death of 'my' body were controlled by nature according to the time cycle decided for 'me' and 'my'body. After the clock ran out, 'i' and 'my' body became separated. This phenomenon is described by Gurbani like this:

Dn khY qU vsu mY nwly ]

The body-bride says, ""Please live with me,

ipRA suKvwsI bwl gupwly ]

O my beloved, peaceful, young lord.

quJY ibnw hau ikq hI n lyKY vcnu dyih Coif n jwsw hy ]7]

Without you, I am of no account. Please give me your word, that you will not leave me"". ||7||

ipir kihAw hau hukmI bMdw ]

The soul-husband says, ""I am the slave of my Commander.

Ehu Bwro Twkuru ijsu kwix n CMdw ]

He is my Great Lord and Master, who is fearless and independent.

ijcru rwKY iqcru qum sMig rhxw jw sdy q aUiT isDwsw hy ]8]

As long as He wills, I will remain with you. When He summons me, I shall arise and depart.""||8||

Vaheguru jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru jee kee fateh.

• 4 weeks later...