Listen To Radio Now! - Sikh Cremation Debate

sher_panjabi

Listen Live to BBC AsianNetwork

Discussion Topic: HINDUS & "SIKHS" WANT OPEN AIR CREMATIONS

An organisation called "ANGLO-ASIAN FRIENDSHIP SOCIETY" is claiming and fighting on behalf of Hindus and Sikhs for open air cremation.

Ps. No-one from the Sikh community has been consulted about this matter.

Its a good discussion. Listen in and share your views.

Email Sonia

Phone Show: 08459 440 445

I agree - I don't think this is a pressing issue for any Sikh.

But don't turn it into a big paranoid conspiracy about Hindus smothering Sikhs - just stay calm and telephone or e-mail the show and tell them that they should not claim to speak for all Sikhs or even all Hindus.

Bro, this is just an example of a pressure group trying to get itself notice - best thing is to phone in and politely explain that I have never heard anyone mention this before.

my 2pence worth;

I am a Sikh and do not see this as a issue.

Sikhs are still trying to get justice for the families of those innocent Sikhs burned alive in Delhi(India) in November 1984. These Humans had tyres put around their necks and oil poured over them then set alight. If they were not to be given this RIGHT of being cremated properly then what right have I got to ask for it.

As a Sikh there are many more pressing issues we have to deal with in todays society. Everyone I have spoken to agrees.

Todays Hukamnama:

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the treasure of peace, O my Beloved God. Your Glories are uncounted, O God, my Lord and Master. I am an orphan, entering Your Sanctuary. Have Mercy on me, O Lord, that I may meditate on Your Feet. || 1 || Take pity upon me, and abide within my mind; I am worthless please let me grasp hold of the hem of Your robe. || 1 || Pause || When God comes into my consciousness, what misfortune can strike me? The Lords servant does not suffer pain from the Messenger of Death. All pains are dispelled, when one remembers the Lord in meditation; God abides with him forever. || 2 || The Name of God is the Support of my mind and body. [B]Forgetting the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the body is reduced to ashes.[/b] When God comes into my consciousness, all my affairs are resolved. Forgetting the Lord, one becomes subservient to all. || 3 || I am in love with the Lotus Feet of the Lord. I am rid of all evil-minded ways. The Mantra of the Lords Name, Har, Har, is deep within my mind and body. O Nanak, eternal bliss fills the home of the Lords devotees. || 4 || 3 ||