Panesar, England Cricketer Against India

ranj03

Gurfateh!!

I totally agree with amankaur :TH: I have great respect for M Panesar as he is doing a great job for the kaum by making us visible in the worlds media for good and its not often good is in the media.

I think he deserves support from all Sikhs, and again it doesnt matter what country he plays for, he has kept Sikhi roop and thats the most important aspect.

Its fantastic hes been selected for England though, if he was in the India team he would not get us the publicity in this country, at least now the English have reason to want to know about Sikhi rather than just classes us as Indians.

May Akaal bless us all with Gursikhi Jeevans and the ability to suceed in whatever field we play in.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

Well Done. just Seen his foto in the Sports section of a paper and his parents being interviewed. aint read it proprly, but seen Foto of a Sardaar with turban n beard, which was his dad.

and the paper had some fotos of him since when he was kid with lil patka.

i aint seen him play, but a sikh man in a Sport, we can only support.

All the best to Singh.

Do you seriously get that respect from white black and asians in the UK ? I have yet to see such respect.

From my own experiences, over the last few years there is a total lack of respect for Sikhs in the UK. The gorey even think we are muslims. I have lost count of the number of times I have had some mindless <banned word filter activated> make a bin laden remark about me.

This is an equally biased an uninformed remark which may have subtle racism against caucasian people. Not all gorey are bad I have been much respected by them than Indians.

Compare this with India where I have never had any petty remarks from anyone. I have been all over India and the people treat me like they do everyone else. I get no remarks. I have even walked past RSS/VHP demonstrations and had no hassle or rsnide comments.

That seems like a really bogus claim as myself and including hundreds of other sikhs can claim not only the mechanized humiliation of many indians againsts sikhs but even the uncivilized poking of jokes in the media. Again you are comparing RSS with civilized people and implying probablyCo RSS( a repressive outfit of India's sangh parivar) is better. Compare rightly