Help Needed From Sangat !

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Tomorrow morning Daas has been invited to my cousin's house to do Kirtan and Katha to thank Waheguru for blessing my cousin and his wfie with the gift of a child. (He has been named Arjun - after Hukamnama was taken when the child was born).

Daas is planning to sing the following shabads:

"Pootaa Maataa Kee Aasees" and

"Gur Merai Sang Sadaa Hai Naale"

I am stuck on what Sakhis to say to accompany the shabads or generally to share on the occasion blush.gif . The family are not into Sikhi and so I want to share a simple but meaningful Sakhi which has a positive message.

I would appreciate if the sangat could please suggest ideas of what small sakhis to share (my mind has gone BLANK no.gif ).

Many thanks

I think that the best thing to do katha on is the first shabad that you are singing. Most people don't know the meaning of the shabad even though everyone reads it when a child is born no one knows what it means. People understand the poota mata kee isees part but after that no one pays attention. The fact that Gurusahib wants us, his children, to never forget Vaheguru and ALWAYS be remembering him. That is the key. Also when doing ardaas, mention that the child may be blessed by Guru Sahib for a GurSikhi Jeevan even though the parents are not religious, some things to think about. Anyways that's what I would do.

The meanings for the shabad are here:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1839

Bul Chuk Maaf Karnee Jee...

WjkkWjkfateh Veer Ji

You could do katha on how much Satkaar (Respect) Guru Arjan Dev ji gave to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, as Guru Sahib sat on the floor whilst placed Guru Granth Sahib ji on a high place.

And you can blend it in, how this is the Same Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj that Guru Arjan Dev ji gave respect to you. And we are here today, still bowing our head to the same guru.

Mention, Pootha MAatha Kee Aaseees was written by Guru Arjan Dev ji Themselves.

And it would be helpful if you found a sakhi that would give a nice message, from the sikh Sakhiyan Section, :

The Voice of Sikh Youth > General > HISTORY | ARTICLES | INSPIRATION > Sikh Sakhian

Theres loads of beautiful sakhiyan there, many from Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaaj.

Good luck paji. d_oh.gif