Trip To Amritsar And Harzoo Shaih

raju123

wonderful trip to amritsar,and harzoo shaib

I was waiting in line along the walk way everyone was like push the person in front, push, shove, stand so close to the person you can count how many hairs on their necks, this carried on until ¾ way along then I was getting very hot and annoyed with everyone’s attitude, at this stage I said to the old lady very close to me to please stay back as I am dripping with sweat and to my shock a old man standing behind me lifted up my t shirt and started to rub my back !!!!! ohmy.gifblush.gif

Then he said no there is no sweat on your back! The lady next to me said that I speak punjabi like her kid (complement or insult) and asked where I came from, when I said England they all went quit, I could see on the faces around me that I had indeed humiliated my self by speaking up to people to give me some space.

Which they still did not. Anyway push , shove , all the way to the temple and @20 people were let in to do matha tek…….oh god what happened……….everyone pushed their way to do matha through money and put hands together turn around and then push to get away as others pushed to get in front, I found my self trapped by this nonsense. This was shuck a shock to me it was comical joke to the point of lunatic behaviour………….push shove every one..

I managed to move to the side and did proper matha tek , eventually I managed to get out and while walking back my wife said that there were krar stains all over my back of my new t shirt, I wonder who?....not mentions names as there were many people torching me.

This experience left me saddened and angry, reminded me of the way they drive..

The rest was wonderful and the lunger was good.

Anyone else had this ?

Then my trip to harzoo sahib

Every thing was great until I went to look for my driver, a man came up and started to state that he was the best person to for me to hire to show the other places around the place, at which I said I have my own car and my own driver, so he followed me around then said have I got any money, I said no, then he said that I should buy him a cup of tea, I pointed to my shorts saying I have no money at all, so he said u came here with some other people, go and ask them.

What did I hear?!?!? I heard right, I should go and ask the people I travelled with for money for this guy…..

I don’t know if I was saddened or sickened by this demand for money, as soon as I got to the gate to get into the temple complex he went away,.

I told my driver and he just laughed. After loading the car up and driving out I saw him standing at the gate with hand out for money, he even got to the car and tapped the window!...the driver drove off thank goodness……

I’m on holiday so I held my anger. I have given quite a lot to the people that have asked but I will not give to any one who demands…

My wife found this also funny as I have one of those faces that ask for problems..

Any comments??????.......

Apart from these two things well there were others but that can wait..

i had a good time ish……

LOL.gif Bhaji I read your post and couldn's stop laughing (obviously not funny for you at the time! blush.gif )

Why was the man RUBBING YOUR BACK. Waheguru. And HE WAS A STRANGER! :lol: (I would have freaked out!).

In India when people ask me for money I pretend to be from India (which usually washes down okay). They soon back off! :T:

at amritsar the guy that rubbed my back was feeling for the alleged sweat that I said.

I told my wife and she said I was lucky I didn’t say my kucha ! hum I wonder? LOL.gifwacko.gif :lol:

Asking for money .

In harzoo shib @0300 I went to do matha tek, and on the way back to my room this old man called and said what a wonderful place this is and on agreeing we sat and started a conversation, on my wife saying that she wanted to go to our room we made our leave and he said something about money. I thought he wanted my sandals as he was looking down, and he said no, he wanted money for medicine for his knees, I said that I have no money and if he stayed right here I would come back, okay to the room and left my wife there, as she said to give him 50 rupies I thought from each of us and doubled it, I went back and gave him the money. Next day saw him again, and I sat down and spoke to him, upon leaving he asked for some money, this time I was totally out and I reminded him that last night I went to my room and got some for him,

Poor bloke he didn’t recognise me at all….

Pushing and shoving is normal in India. Whether you go to a Gurdwara or at the visa place at the British High Commission.

I would remind people that not everyone goes to Harimandir Sahib to pay respect to Guru Ji. There are plenty of thieves operating in the complex who make use of the push and shove to steal from the sangat.

If you want to avoid the crowds then go very early and go into the middle line. It is quicker to do matha teyk from this middle line.