Were Sikhs Hindhus?

singh15

wjkk wjkf!

i've been asked many times if sikhs were hindhus before guru nanak and never know what to say..maybe the sangat could add some insight as some people say yes and others no

I got a feeling my forefathers were not hindus but muslims since i have a unique surname which is widely ragarding as a muslim surname infact the guy who ordered the bricking up of Guru Gobind Singh's 2 youngest sons had the same surname as mine Wazir khan Khosa ohmy.gif

Tell them no.

If they press you counter with your own question like were Christians followers of Zoroasterism, Taoism and Confucianism. Same with Muslims were they all followers of Zoorasterism etc etc.

A bit off topic but as you have raised the issue here it goes.

You get Khosa people in Baloochistan.

Also some Hindus use the surname Khosa.

I suppose it could be like Cheema. You get Muslim, Hindu and Sikhs using this surname.

You guys make it seem like being hindu in ancestory lineage is a crime.

It's pretty much self explained, before sri guru nanak dev ji- either our ancestors were in umbrella of orders under hind Dharam or were from Islamic muslim background because hind area(including afghanistan, pakistan) had two main dharams before sikhism- Hinduism and Islam

All that does not matter at all.

We are all humans at the end of day. After seeing some of responses on this thread, it reminded me off this hindi movie- karntikar something like that in that nana patekar breaks down all the hypocrisy exist in social norms by doing little cut on hindu's finger and fetch blood from the finger and then doing little cut on muslim's finger and fetch blood from finger. And then he asks un-educated pendus and katarpanthis in soceity, now tell me which blood belongs to which group?

It was quite strong scene for anyone to see.

You get Khosa people in Baloochistan.

Also some Hindus use the surname Khosa.

I suppose it could be like Cheema. You get Muslim, Hindu and Sikhs using this surname.

But i still have a chance of my forefathers being muslim just something interesting, i think i should go to India and find out my family history.

You guys make it seem like being hindu in ancestory lineage is a crime.

It's very pretty self explained, before sri guru nanak dev ji- either our ancestors were in umbrella of orders under hind Dharam or were from Islamic muslim background because hind area(including afghanistan, pakistan) had two main dharams before sikhism- Hinduism and Islam

All that does not matter at all.

We are all humans at the end of day. After seeing some of responses on this thread, it reminded me off this hindi movie- karntikar something like that in that nana patekar breaks down all the hypocrisy exist in social norms by doing little cut on hindu's finger and fetch blood from the finger and then doing little cut on muslim's finger and fetch blood from finger. And then he asks un-educated pendus and katarpanthis in soceity, now tell me which blood belongs to which group?

It was quite strong scene for anyone to see.

I know but its just something interesting to find out who your forefathers were and how they would have lived and how their decisions had made you the person you are today :nihungsmile:

I know but its just something interesting to find out who your forefathers were and how they would have lived and how their decisions had made you the person you are today

Akhoza ji, i got no issues with that, just i got issues with denial. If its truth, we should not be shame and deny it.

I know but its just something interesting to find out who your forefathers were and how they would have lived and how their decisions had made you the person you are today

Akhoza ji, i got no issues with that, just i got issues with denial. If its truth, we should not be shame and deny it.

I wouldnt be ashamed if my forefathers were muslims, id be proud that they took Sikhism as their religious path.

How can you prove your lineage ? Please enlighten me. Even the Phulkian Raja and Kapurthala Raja could not prove their lineage and had to resort to making up links to the Bhattis of Rajasthan.

How can you prove your lineage ? Please enlighten me. Even the Phulkian Raja and Kapurthala Raja could not prove their lineage and had to resort to making up links to the Bhattis of Rajasthan.

Really, well i was watching this programme where this british asian woman traced her forefathers back to the 18/19 century using people who have these massive books with all sorts of details. I hope its possible :lol: