Rehyt Maryada

ਕਾਨੜਾ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥

Kaanraa, Fifth Mehla:

ਕਰਤ ਕਰਤ ਚਰਚ ਚਰਚ ਚਰਚਰੀ ॥

The debaters debate and argue their arguments.

ਜੋਗ ਧਿਆਨ ਭੇਖ ਗਿਆਨ ਫਿਰਤ ਫਿਰਤ ਧਰਤ ਧਰਤ ਧਰਚਰੀ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The Yogis and meditators, religious and spiritual teachers roam and ramble, wandering endlessly all over the earth. ||1||Pause||

ਅਹੰ ਅਹੰ ਅਹੈ ਅਵਰ ਮੂੜ ਮੂੜ ਮੂੜ ਬਵਰਈ ॥

They are egotistical, self-centered and conceited, foolish, stupid, idiotic and insane.

ਜਤਿ ਜਾਤ ਜਾਤ ਜਾਤ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਲ ਹਈ ॥1॥

Wherever they go and wander, death is always with them, forever and ever and ever and ever. ||1||

ਮਾਨੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਮਿਰਤੁ ਮਿਰਤੁ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਸਦਾ ਹਈ ॥

Give up your pride and stubborn self-conceit; death, yes, death, is always close and near at hand.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰੇ ਹਰੇ ਭਾਜੁ ਕਹਤੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਮੂੜ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਜਨ ਭਜਨ ਭਜਨ ਅਹਿਲਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਈ ॥2॥5॥50॥12॥62॥

Vibrate and meditate on the Lord, Har, Haray, Haray. Says Nanak, listen you fool: without vibrating, and meditating, and dwelling on Him, your life is uselessly wasting away. ||2||5||50||12||62||

May Vaheguru give us kirpa to do that pray.gif

The other point I was going to make Tera was that the current Rehit Marayada says a Sikh must marry a Sikh......I don't like this at all....but I accept it an respect it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm lol i dont get how rehit maryadas are different

ill just say what my idea of the rehit is:

wake up between 12am-6am (amrit vela)

do simran 2/3hours

do 5 bania nitnem

evening do rehiraas sahib

do 1/2hrs simran

before sleep do kiran sohila

avoid: music,tv,movies (filth of that sort)

avoid: 4 bujjar kurehits (i believe meat being one of them)

goto sangat everyday

Dont eat from places where meat is handled

bathe twice daily (morning, around 5ish)

comb hair 2wice a day

thats it really?

Have i missed anything? :/

Well munjoth....meat is not mentioned in the Sikh Rehit Marayada....so I do not know which one you are quoting. Maybe it is a Dera, or Baba one....I have no idea.

I sggest you carefully read the article posted on fools wrangling over this issue.............things like this will divide the paanth forever.

Here is the current SIKH Rehit Marayada

http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_one.html

Not a Sant one, not a Dera on....the SIKH Rehit Marayada...made so through consensus.

To the original poster:

The SGPC Rehit maryada is well respected in the Panth, but not entirely accpeted by the whole Panth.

If you want to follow the maryada closest to that of the SInghs during Guru Gobind Singh ji's time, then follow the Damdami Taksal Maryada.

For example, the SGPC rehit maryada cuts out two pauris(stanzas) from chaupai sahib, which is a huge disrespect to the Bani. Also, the mnimum morning ntnem banis are 5, not 3 as the SGPC rehit maryada states.

Sikhs are not to cosume flesh, which the SGPC rehit maryada leaves open by saying only halal is forbidden and other forms like jhatka are fine.

I would stronly urge to follow the Dsmdami Taksal maryada as it is the closest to the original maryada.

SGPC rehit maryada is also not bad, but it does have some shortcomings.

To the original poster:

The SGPC Rehit maryada is well respected in the Panth, but not entirely accpeted by the whole Panth.

If you want to follow the maryada closest to that of the SInghs during Guru Gobind Singh ji's time, then follow the Damdami Taksal Maryada.

For example, the SGPC rehit maryada cuts out two pauris(stanzas) from chaupai sahib, which is a huge disrespect to the Bani. Also, the mnimum morning ntnem banis are 5, not 3 as the SGPC rehit maryada states.

Sikhs are not to cosume flesh, which the SGPC rehit maryada leaves open by saying only halal is forbidden and other forms like jhatka are fine.

I would stronly urge to follow the Dsmdami Taksal maryada as it is the closest to the original maryada.

Who are you to say which maryada is the closest??

were you there at that time??

As for cutting short, not even going to comment. Jeh Aapnaay Aap Noo Sikh Kahaun Walee-aa Da Dimaag Kumm Kurdaa Houndaa Taa Ujj Sikh Gulaam Naa Hounday. Taksal maryada = closest to snatan maryada. Basically the same.

The straight lineage of guru gobind singh ji is KHALSA PANTH

Thanks for the quick responses IA and TKF..

To the original poster:

The Maryada is and was accepted by the whole panth to create coherency amongst Jathebandis/sampardas/dals. If new Jathas appeart and start claiming lineage and start claiming to have monoply , it is not their fault. It was and is accepted by the whole Panth. It's a different issue if new groups start appearing calling themselves panthic, and doing everything not panthic (divey, thali arti etc)

Ok Jai te Gang, you are welcome to go and protect black cows... because the maryada prohibits a Sikh to kill a black cow.

Have a look for yourself if you don't believe me -

http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_rehat_18.htm

“The following are all major sins:

a) Killing a Brahmgyani,

b) Killing a black cow

c) Killing or selling your daughter,

d) Eating from a person who has no moral discipline. Anyone who commits any of these has committed thousands of sins and this egotistical individual will be reprimanded thousands of times."

(SGGSJ Ang 1413)

Go and protect black cows, aif you think that's what Guru Gobind Singh created his Khalsa for

Prove it. Tell us which rehitnama mentions 5 mornin Banis. Some do mention 5 banis in total, which means

3 in morning + 1 evening + 1 before you go to sleep.

Nowhere does it say that you shoudl limit yourself tothree morning banis. go for 10 if it pleases you, but DO NOT INCREASE THE MINIMUM SET UP BY THE GURU.

As it's looking I'm sure many jathebandis will make Asa ki Vaar mandatory. Doign Asa Ki Vaar daily is a boost! It's wicked! Amazing! But do not raise the set MINIMUM.

Again, read the Rehitnamas which are rehits from the mouth og the Guru, which poets have written down. Although many have been edited and modified, not a SINGLE ONE forhibits meat eating (I'm a veggie and believe that ideally you should refrain from eating meat... in normal cirumstances... but it is NOT a KUREHIT)

You have NO RIGHT on this planet to go around telling people tha a Maryada (which I agree with in many points) that says that a Sikh shouldn't killa black cow is the closes to the maryada by the Guru.

There is no SGPC RM. It is just your imageniation. You have been told again and again that SGPC only PUBLISHES it, yet you keep on calling it SGPC maryada. It is PANTH PARVAN REHIT MARYADA BY AKAL THAKHAT.

I trust the judgement of my Dasmesh pita who gave Guru Gaddi to Guru Granth and Guru Panth. Guru Panth has made a decision. I have no right to go against it no matter how many times it makes me raise my eyebrows (which it does at times..but I still have to respect and obey it as a chella of Guru Granth And Guru Panth)

If you do not trust Dasmesh Pita's KHALSA PANTH. That is your problem.

Please don't encourage people to not kill black cows.

I'm not having a dig at DDT maryada, because I agree with it in many points (and disagree with ti in many points)...but the Panth Parvan Rehit Maryada is above everyone. Even the Guru had to obay his Khalsa even though he didn't want to. He knew thta leaving ANandpur would be disastrous yet he obeyed the hukam of the Khalsa. He had to kneel down and obey the Khalsa. The Khalsa Panth above all.

Bhull Chukk Maaf

akj rehat maryaada is closest to gurmat

3 baniaa nitnem?

where did tht come from?

certainly not guru ji

rehit and gurmat has been distorted ova the years, so tht ppl strt thinkin raagmala is gr8 and kes is the 5th kakaar.

kaljug is scary

its funny isnt it.even though its stated by quite a few people...(akj's) that akj rehat maryada is the closest to gurmat, still these same akj's continue to debate and go agaisnt the panth.bhai randhir singh would never go against the panth.

it may be the case that akj maryada is the closest to gurmat, but to be honest veryones gone so far away from gurmat and orginial akj maryada that its become impossible to distinguish amongst other branches-i.e tapoban, who believe they are the proper akj's

i guess we should just follow what it says in gurugranthsahibji, read up on history and when weve got the basic understanding of gurugranthsahibji and gurmat, then i guess its easier to see which maryada is based most on gurmat and which one we should follow

yeh rehat and gurmat really has been distorted so much so that people seem to focus so much more on arguing about very minor things, rather than just getting on with their own sikhi.

the kaljug is that we are all confused-we all think we are on the right path....that is kaljug.in fact i believe were all way off the path altogether, in fact i think were in the wrong garden all together, forget the wrong path.

UNBELIEVABLE....we have people claiming that xyz rehit marayada is the closest to the rehit marayada when we have a SIKH Rehit Marayada. Even Bhai Randhir Singh would accept consensus.....yet today we have biggots who want us to accept a Rehit Maryada which wants Sikhs to protect BLACK COWS????

I really do fear for the Paanth....and some people here will be responsible for the demise of the Paanth.

As for the meat issue. Either answer this:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=18748

Or shut up!!!

It has been proved comprehensivley that Vegetarianism and Meat eating have nothing to do with Sikhism.