Need Help Wid Simran

chandanjit kaur

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

hey guys :lol: .....uummm....i needed help with doing simran....cuz like ima gonna be doin simran on stage soon in about 2 weeks.....and ive never done it before.....i mean my two older panjian(not blood-related...but i wish) are gonna help but not wid evrything....i mean ive seen many people do simran b4 and i kinda have an idea....but if anyone could gimme suggestions on like how to start off.....wen to go fast,slow...etc...any suggestions pleez would be a great help!....and if anyone has a specific tune dat they would like to share da keys uv it then i would reeeeaaallllyyyyy appreciate it!!!!.....pleez help me out sangat ji and thanks in advance!

BHUL CHUK MUAF JI......

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

hehe

bhenji .. as they sometimes say .. just go with the flow..

probably the atmosphere you will be in will prob be calm.. start slow, do your stuff, the sangat will sing wit u .. if the sangat wants you to go faster you go faster.. try to listen to the sangat while your doing simran, try to absorb that and concentrate on guru sahib and the sangat.. the sangat will decide for you if you need to slow down, go faster or stay where you are.. expecially the bhenjis that will be sitting beside you .. and the tabla player .. go wit how they want it.. if they are enjoying the slow soothing simran at one pace, then go wit dat :lol:

hope that helped.. check out ontariosikhyouth.ca .. theres a SIMRAN folder there with lots of simran files and lots of tunes/simran related shabads you can do ..

good luck .. :@

Guest Guest

excellent advice given above. one more thing, make sure u practise before u do it, just so that you know you can, and so you have enough confidence. try n get one main tune, n then 3 or 4 parts to that tune, if u know what i mean. so have like 3 or 4 difff tunes which all fit together. bit lieka shabad but without the shabad :lol: @ sorry confused myself a bit there aswell!

hope it helps

hehe

bhenji .. as they sometimes say .. just go with the flow..

probably the atmosphere you will be in will prob be calm.. start slow, do your stuff, the sangat will sing wit u .. if the sangat wants you to go faster you go faster.. try to listen to the sangat while your doing simran, try to absorb that and concentrate on guru sahib and the sangat.. the sangat will decide for you if you need to slow down, go faster or stay where you are.. expecially the bhenjis that will be sitting beside you .. and the tabla player .. go wit how they want it.. if they are enjoying the slow soothing simran at one pace, then go wit dat :@

hope that helped.. check out ontariosikhyouth.ca .. theres a SIMRAN folder there with lots of simran files and lots of tunes/simran related shabads you can do ..

good luck .. :wub:

Fateh

:lol: ....thnx veerji...das awesome advice!!!thank you :T: ...anyone else...lol

Fateh

Bhainjee, just do you thing. Focus your mind on guru sahib. When your truely concentrating on gurujee and on the word vaheguru, the sangat will feed off your engery. So dont worry, have faith in gurujee.

About the tunes, as jaspaul veerjee said, go to websites like www.ontariosikhyouth.com and find simran files to get some ideas of what tunes you should use.

All the best!

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh!