If You Want To Save The World.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

PSK JUST gave quotes b4 muh post.............just think of it this way...baba isher singh ji, baba nand singh ji, baba jarnail singh ji,etc...they lived a true gursikh jeevan...did the eat meat?? grin.gif heeelllllllll no

d_oh.gif but some of us are not gursikh jeevans...Yet. grin.gif

no.. but the gurus ate meat and hunted, as well as served it out to others... the point is, they proved that it's nonsense to think that not eating meat will make you higher or better.

Which gurus ate meat? :i:

i quote this:

"Nanak cooked meat at an important Hindu festival in Kurukshetra. Having cooked it he certainly did not waste it, but probably served it to his followers and ate himself. History is quite clear that Guru Hargobind and Guru Gobind Singh were accomplished and avid hunters. The game was cooked and put to good use, to throw it away would have been an awful waste."

The point is... equality and not trying to look better than others.

"Commenting on meat being served in the langar during the time of Guru Angad: However, it is strange that now-a-days in the Community-Kitchen attached to the Sikh temples, and called the Guru's Kitchen (or, Guru-ka-langar) meat-dishes are not served at all."

Probably the most important, everyone shoudl read:

"The Gurus were loath to pronounce upon such matters as the eating of meat or ways of disposing of the dead because undue emphasis on them could detract from the main thrust of their message which had to do with spiritual liberation. However, Guru Nanak did reject by implication the practice of vegetarianism related to ideas of pollution when he said, 'All food is pure; for God has provided it for our sustenance' (AG 472)."

if meat was served way back when, in gurus time, and sikhs eat meat then, what is the difference today? You can eat both, the point is focus on more important areas if sikhi.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

*trrying sooo hard to keep my cool*

ok if u got ur info from books then i think u need to reconsider ur ideas on eating meat...yes we shud eat our food but who says animals are food?those books have false info-sum of them saythat Guru GobindSingh Ji cut the heads of sheep in 1699 on vaisakhi-which is not tru...plz dont add new things to sikhi, if u cant follow them thas fine...we're sikhs, we learn new things everyday and shud try to implement them in our lives...but plz dont twist any teachings no.gif as i said b4 brahm gianees dont eat meat and they are our role models so why sould we?? it just follows logic..plz leave it at that...aiiite?

ok if u got ur info from books then i think u need to reconsider ur ideas on eating meat...yes we shud eat our food but who says animals are food?those books have false info-sum of them saythat Guru GobindSingh Ji cut the heads of sheep in 1699 on vaisakhi-which is not tru...plz dont add new things to sikhi, if u cant follow them thas fine...we're sikhs, we learn new things everyday and shud try to implement them in our lives...but plz dont twist any teachings no.gif as i said b4 brahm gianees dont eat meat and they are our role models so why sould we?? it just follows logic..plz leave it at that...aiiite?

Calm down yo, nothing but love up in here! :wubc:

"brahm" gianees? you trust your life and hopes on them? The age of sants and idols is over, we can no longer trust or put our hopes with these so called babas and sants. If a sant told you to kill a hindu because it was sikhi? would you do it? if he had an opinion? would you automatically agree?

logic - you don't know nothing when it comes to other peoples needs and circumstances - travel the world and search for youself before trying to implament "logic" in your own terms.

There is no sri guru granth sahib ji quote that says "no you must not eat meat" nuff said? you can't contradict the guru - that is one of the first things one must learn.

I respect both veggies and meat eaters, i view them as all sikhs, not lower or higher than i.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

u obviously have issues...why do u always feel that sum1 is trying to say they're better thanu?? where exactly did i say that? obviously u have some underlying issues that make u wanna attack anyone that says something about sikhi that u're not following...NOWHERE in my post did i say i'm better than u...DUDE the brahm gianees i listed are from recent times!!! maybe u should read books on their jeevans rather than coming up with BS about eating meat. dont twist sikhi and DONT EVER call them"so called babay" judging from ur ideas on these mahapursh, u obviously have no clue what ur talking about. do these GGSJ quotes have to slap u in tha face b4 u realize what they're saying???PSK provided u with quotes, if u decide to blindly look past them, then thas ur problem...if u wana follow sikhi then by all means do it, but like i've said a million times b4..dont adjust it to ur own lifestyle...whats ur prob man..why cant u just admit that u dont follow something in sikhi and move on?? i dont understanbd why ppl have such a bad time with admitting their faults...as a matter of fact...if u cant admit your faults then u obviously think u're better than everyone..pshh showduriite

u obviously have issues...why do u always feel that sum1 is trying to say they're better thanu?? where exactly did i say that? obviously u have some underlying issues that make u wanna attack anyone that says something about sikhi that u're not following...NOWHERE in my post did i say i'm better than u...DUDE the brahm gianees i listed are from recent times!!! maybe u should read books on their jeevans rather than coming up with BS about eating meat. dont twist sikhi and DONT EVER call them"so called babay" judging from ur ideas on these mahapursh, u obviously have no clue what ur talking about. do these GGSJ quotes have to slap u in tha face b4 u realize what they're saying???PSK provided u with quotes, if u decide to blindly look past them, then thas ur problem...if u wana follow sikhi then by all means do it, but like i've said a million times b4..dont adjust it to ur own lifestyle...whats ur prob man..why cant u just admit that u dont follow something in sikhi and move on?? i dont understanbd why ppl have such a bad time with admitting their faults...as a matter of fact...if u cant admit your faults then u obviously think u're better than everyone..pshh

Please show me in my posts were i said "you are better than me" or something like that, no really, please do so. PSK provided quotes, but not the entire message, i showed him the entire message - the SGGs cannot be just taken out one quote by quote,,it must be read in it's full message.

I do admit my faults - i'm not amrit dari, i am not imperfect, i do sin, i have done bad things in the past.

Don't ever? i bet you would kill someone if a baba or sant told you to do so. Your blindless is what is creating so many problems in sikhi. This so called "repsect" is why RSS and other organizations are having an easy time pentrating sikhi. They can label something sacred and respectful and people won't question it.

I question people and rituals that don't belong were they are.

Don't be blind, nor ignorant - only follow the guru.

"Nanak cooked meat at an important Hindu festival in Kurukshetra. Having cooked it he certainly did not waste it, but probably served it to his followers and ate himself. History is quite clear that Guru Hargobind and Guru Gobind Singh were accomplished and avid hunters. The game was cooked and put to good use, to throw it away would have been an awful waste."

The point is... equality and not trying to look better than others.

"Commenting on meat being served in the langar during the time of Guru Angad: However, it is strange that now-a-days in the Community-Kitchen attached to the Sikh temples, and called the Guru's Kitchen (or, Guru-ka-langar) meat-dishes are not served at all."

It is fact that Guru Nanak "cooked deer meat" to prove that cooking food during an eclipse doesnt get you "struck by lightning" or anything but your "qoute" says he probably ate it. It doesnt say he ate it as a matter of fact. { your qoute is speculation. } How do you know that he didnt serve it to all the hindus that ate meat?

Guru Hargobind and Guru Gobind Singh were hunters {to practice battle for their real life challanges in "battle"} but it doesnt say they put meat in their mouth and chewed on it and swallowed it. { If any info does exist it is all speculation } Any food served by any Guru was considered Lagar {food of the Guru} but it doesnt say anywhere in history that at the dhramsalas they served meat. They could have served food else where to what the people ate to the non Sikhs {hindus or muslims}

""""""""""""""""""Commenting on meat being served in the langar during the time of Guru Angad: However, it is strange that now-a-days in the Community-Kitchen attached to the Sikh temples, and called the Guru's Kitchen (or, Guru-ka-langar) meat-dishes are not served at all.""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'

This had zero fact or any credible info to require a rebuttle from. It at the end had a hint of speculation in it.

Do you know if GuruJi was meaning all food served at the Gurdwara is pure???? Or he means all food?? meaning that hallal meat is pure too???? If hallal is pure then why cant we eat that type of meat if "all" food is pure???????????????????

PSK JUST gave quotes b4 muh post.............just think of it this way...baba isher singh ji, baba nand singh ji, baba jarnail singh ji,etc...they lived a true gursikh jeevan...did the eat meat?? grin.gif heeelllllllll no

d_oh.gif but some of us are not gursikh jeevans...Yet. grin.gif

yeah yeah..but i was assuming that's what we're all striving for?? eventually?

Well said HardkaurWarriorz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:T:

1]]]] PSK provided quotes, but not the entire message, i showed him the entire message - the SGGs cannot be just taken out one quote by quote,,it must be read in it's full message.

2]]]]I do admit my faults - {Im not amritdhari} i am not imperfect, i do sin, i have done bad things in the past.

3]]]]]Don't ever? i bet you would kill someone if a baba or sant told you to do so. Your blindless is what is creating so many problems in sikhi.

4]]]]]This so called "repsect" is why RSS and other organizations are having an easy time pentrating sikhi. They can label something sacred and respectful and people won't question it.

5]]]]]Don't be blind, nor ignorant - only follow the guru.

1] I dont need to qoute the entire SGGS so you can see what the pauri was about. But I guess from now on I will provide the whole shabad and have you read the entire thing. {I see you copy what others say on other sites, but they say this when the next pauri gets more in depth to the previous pauri, and in this case doesnt}

2] We all can say this {minus the dhari part} hopefully one day all people that call themselves Sikhs could say your whole comment on number two

3]Wow thats a bullet that you couldnt hit the sky with. {SPECULATION and completely ilrelevant}

4]The rss can penetrate because they blend in with all the sehjdhari Sikhs and distort history of the Sikhs at schools in India. { Like in north korea they have been teaching for 10-15 years that the U.s were in charge of the holocast and they read "the diary of anne frank" and they say the Americans did this to her family. The rss use this same tactic to mislead and confuse to say that Sikhs are hindu and if not hindu then a brach of hindu etc. Plus a whole lot more}

5] So who is blind You or us. {People like you or people like me} Its our word against yours or your word against mine} This comment could be used both ways so it is ilrelevant in this part of the debate.