Thinking About Wearing A Kara.

i just feel that before the jung for khalistan starts theres no need for me 2 move 2wards sikhi.

What in the hell is that supposed to mean????????????????????????????????????????????

Please pritam ji, keep this kind of language out of this conversation :TH:

Guest Narinder Singh

i just feel that before the jung for khalistan starts theres no need for me 2 move 2wards sikhi.

so veeroh and panoh is it ok for me 2 wear a kara?

Jung? bro, the (physical) jung already happened, but now the jung is different, they're attacking Sikhi internally. Sikhs have to learn to live as Sikhs first, otherwise they'll run from the battle field with their tails between their legs.

What about the battle within yourself, have u conquered those five foes inside u?

If you are then you are. You should feel all this guilt you have all yourself, that is what Sikhi is about. You shouldnt need anyone to tell you or catch you doing something wrong, you should know yourself.

Self discipline is the biggest gift I have ever recieved, and Im greatfull for it.

Why are you going further from Sikhi?

Would you rather be selfish with your life and keep your head or give it to the Guru?

WJKK WJKF

Without making things complicated and starting off on the wrong foot.. Kara is a symbol that is knowen to all none sikhs, so taking into account all the recent hate for muslims and bombings wearing a kara will help people identify you as a none muslim. There is also no hard fast rule to say none sardars can not wear kara's if that was the case then many hindu punjabi's would not wear one.

I would suggest you wear a kara to help you feel more confident the first step in the right direction.

After all a child does not get up and start walking from birth..everyday is a gift from god for one to carry out the real duties that we have been sent to do.. Naam,Simran,Sewa. After all we all promised so much before birth the questions is do we do it....?

For you to have a feeling that pulls you to wear a kara then follow it..it is not a crime to be clean shaven.. Guru Kirpa Kaaran..gursikhi jeevan vee bakash dee gai.

WJKK WJKF

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

What in the hell is that supposed to mean????????????????????????????????????????????

Please pritam ji, keep this kind of language out of this conversation :TH:

What the hell is that supposed to mean????? :D

If you are then you are. You should feel all this guilt you have all yourself, that is what Sikhi is about. You shouldnt need anyone to tell you or catch you doing something wrong, you should know yourself.

Self discipline is the biggest gift I have ever recieved, and Im greatfull for it.

Why are you going further from Sikhi?

Would you rather be selfish with your life and keep your head or give it to the Guru?

WJKK WJKF

Without making things complicated and starting off on the wrong foot.. Kara is a symbol that is knowen to all none sikhs, so taking into account all the recent hate for muslims and bombings wearing a kara will help people identify you as a none muslim. There is also no hard fast rule to say none sardars can not wear kara's if that was the case then many hindu punjabi's would not wear one.

Yeay yeah some wear a Kara to decieve and????????? Get off your high horse about me saying I wear my kirpan on the outside so people can distiguish me from a muslim.

Heres an example just for you,,,, I was a food 4 less and I was the orthodox Sikh that people thought I was a muslim and they all looked at me like they were eating a rotten lemon and in walked an orthodox muslim. People looked at me and them him and then me again and then him again. After which they stopped looking at me this way and looked at him that way even though I was wearing a "weapon" in their eyes and he wasnt. They looked at me because I look approachable to talk with and on the other hand he looked like he was doggin everyone because they arent in the supposed only true islam. Well I started to feel bad for this guy because people were acting rude so I let him walk in front of me when I could have just walked ahead and instead of him being polite about my courtesy he looked at me dumber than all the people put together in the first place. So that gave Jessica even the impression that he isnt peaceful like they claim to be because they hate all non muslims if they dont say it doesnt mean they dont.

Now yes this guy Im talking about could slip on a kara just as much as a hindu could and it doesnt mean anything but having a peice of metal on their wrist.

A Kara has enough meaning to a Sikh as his arms or leg and hair does its not just a thing the Kara along with the other Ks become your body parts also to which that they cant be removed.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

all i can say is.....OF COURSE YOU SHOULD WEAR A KARA!!!!!!!!!!!!.....LOLz.....but yes of course by starting to wear one of the panj kakars it will make you very strong internally....and you will even feel proud that you are getting closer with your gursikhi rehat....we all make mistakes ji....and we all learn from them...buh yes please do wear a kara.....cuz i'll tell you....anyone can realize that you're a sikh just by seein dat ur wearin a kara....like dat happened to me yo....i went to my friend's house for a while(she's hindu)....and her grandma was sittin there on da couch.....she asked me "are you a sikh"....i said yes i am :@ ...she's like "i noticed from your kara"....i felt so proud that time knowing how great it is to be a sikh and how someone can recognize a sikh just from the kara :D so yes veerji you should really start wearin a kara....even if you aren't keshdhari.....who know's.....you might even start keeping your kesh soon too :TH: bhul chuk muaf ji

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

hahaha....sorry......hahaha..that was just so abrupt and unexpected ..........hahahahahahahahaha LOL.gif

so veeroh and panoh is it ok for me 2 wear a kara?

Bro I'm assuming that you're more than about 15 years old. If that's the case, you need to quickly reassess what sikhi means. Only you will decide whether there is a need for you to move toward sikhi.

However, if you consider yourself a sikh, there is by definition a need to always move toward sikhi. This is the case even for the most disciplined sikh.

As for Khalistan, it is not an ideology club. Amongst other things it is a view that one is sovereign. There is no sovereignty without a distinct identity, whether it's in the form of a flag, citizenship, nation, borders etc. etc. For a Sikh kes is amongst the core of that sovereign identity.

You ARE in the jung right now. You are your own enemy. Some raise the surrender flag, you have taken off your uniform. There is no difference.

You show humility in respecting the kara. If you choose to move toward sikhi, wear the kara & Educate yourself about sikhi by living it and you will not part with your kes, unless it means parting with your head.