Mann Wipes Off The Benign Legacy Of Militancy

Surajsingh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for going offtopic, but it seems that Das_nimana has good links with akal dal(mann) and DKI with dal khalsa. I would like to request you both to forward a letter to these organisations on behalf of sangat along with the pictures of a sikhs kes being disrespected. You can find the letter in post no. 73 at the thread http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=20306&hl= (thread about kes being pulled by fellow sikh). Its disheartning to see sikhs fighting for respect towards kes outside punjab (france and now in jaipur), whereas right in punjab sikhs enjoy pulling other sikh by his kes.

Also if someone knows a reporter from tribune or indianexpress, please let me know. We should be highlighting this grave disrespect towards guru's mohar right in the heart of sikh nation.

"In the past few months, brawls and turban mangling have become so common in our religious leaders and supporters that it has hurt Sikhi’s image to the core. Keeping religious views aside, if we think practically what are we conveying to the world here? The turban once considered as Sikh’s pride is mauled and thrown on the ground in every clash. Television media posts these images in the newspapers and websites which have mass following. Soon they are all over the internet as popular email forwards. Nobody has the time to read the entire article. People enjoy them and consider Sikhs as “Bunch of Bozos”. People develop an image in their mind based on what they see. We often target Bollywood for portraying Sikhs as subjects of mockery and farce. What Sikhs are doing among them, nobody cares.

We always go by the slogan “Sikhi Will Never End”. Can a child be motivated and encouraged to wear a turban when their own religious leaders don’t have respect for it? Admit it or not, the number of people practicing Sikhism is dwindling day by day. We blame Anti Panth and RSS elements for that. Aren’t we just helping these agencies to achieve their objective in a much easier way? SGPC which is the main governing body who is supposed to set examples in front of people, their task force is always on the forefront in these incidents. What they want to portray?

We tell people all over the world that Sikhs are different than Muslims and our Gurus have always spread the message of peace in the word. Even a child knows that smashing turbans and ripping of each other’s hair is no way close to the definition of peace.

I don’t want to write a long article on Sikh values and digress from the main issue. My only attempt is to remind every Sikh to our moral values and respect for our 5K’s. As I said before a visual image has more impact than the write up, may be the following images will teach a lesson to our Sikh community."