New Syllabus In Indian Schools

curious_man

plzzz comment !!

NCERT will include Gujarat riots, Sikh carnage, Ayodhya dispute

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1769726,0006.htm

The 2002 Gujarat riots, the Ayodhya dispute and the 1984 Sikh carnage will be a part of the class XII curriculum for Political Science as the NCERT has decided to include in its texts events that influenced the political process in the country since Independence.

However, the textbook writers will steer clear of any controversy and give information from government sources.

The change in the syllabus comes in the wake of the implementation of the National Curriculum Framework, which suggests that the textbooks should connect knowledge to real life situations.

"You cannot teach Political Science to students sidestepping the major events, which had significant influence on society and polity, no matter whether controversial or not," said Prof Yogendra Yadav, a member of the panel for preparation of Political Science textbooks.

"So we are covering all the major happenings including Gujarat riots, Ayodhya incident, Emergency and many other controversies," he said.

The topics would give the established facts taken from government sources which cannot be disputed by anybody, he said adding that the text would also refrain from going into full details of the incidents.

The chapter on Gujarat riots will deal with an overview of the incident and the largescale killing of "people of a particular community", he said.

"The topic will also give a human rights view and a counterview on the incident," Yadav said, adding the textbook will be introduced in April 2007.

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

i can't even read the news even though its few paragraohs. read the heading andthe 1st paragraph(printed it out cuz couldnt sit and read it over here)...arrrghhh

for the first time my soul is irritated. i dont know what it is..but jus this is makin ....jus can't explain it!

i jus know what they trying to do here.

education is a part of polictics...its all shiznit! if i was to write about education, curriculum(syllabus) and the politicz it would take me pages to write!

another reason we need our own nation or suba or whatevr u guys wana call it!

there are so many ways to manipulate information even if its writen properly in the books, if the school or the people who are running the school wants a concept to be taught differently...it doesn't take long.

This is soo messed up!

i jus know where this is gona go...

I dont even know where to begin!!!

dont even wana talk about it arrgh forget it!

jus gona go and drinksome cold water!

hahahahaha

still not gona read that thing(i know what an immature person i am blush.gif:) )

will take me about a week..lol but why read it when u know whtz gona happen.

one hyptheticl example:(jus trying have fun with it kool.gif )

in classes where students will read about it...

mostly the political students.

Imagin a class(especially in punjab) where we have mixture of students lets say from congress followerz-to-whatever other political parties there are! kids read the book and professor next day starts the lesson. some students get upset, because they know the information being talked about is ***********(not cursin) but u know whatim tryin to say yea!

even if they dont get into fight in their class, knowing they uni/college students and all that other stuf. They already will have the "right" concept intheir heads. all sides gon athink they know it all, an dthey have the "correct" infomation(what they have learned previously). they will get into fight outside of the uni! like one of the older respected bibiji said "thz what always happens."... thn in the newz we'll get to hear: this person tore that personz Dastar(pug) or hair etc etc! jus because they dont know how to sit down and talk about it, and will do something like that cuz they young and thtz what they have seen others do.(like me get all worked up and get ready to kill someone rolleyes.gif ) **

How negative can i be? OMV :@ i can be more negtive ...umm dont wana waste poitive peoplez time pray.gif

aight now on the positive note tongue.gif

i may be was "worked up"@P singh ji ..but jus wana say Thank you so much for caring :@

so again on the positive note,

this might help our kind*** learn good things about how low our kind can go!

everone has the right to know the correct information and totally from both sides. who went wrong where, when and why? and thn would be wonderful to know..how these problems can be solved! (utopian socity in Great India)

so anyone with more positive views. i tried! but may be after meeting more postive people i might become more positive! :nihungsmile:

bhuk chuk muaf

vaheguru ang sang sahai always!

** aight mehtab singh ji dont say anything about my post. i think i know what u gona say lol

*** human kind

note to peacemake: i tried not to use so many smilies