Was Operation Blue Star Done Over Grain?

killah

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pakandi Baba Unsheat Kirpans and be rady to defend is a better quote.

The grain theory is dumb. I'm sorry. There is plenty of grain for sale world round, and india would like to make punjab a desert as they are diong now, they are in no fear of lack of grain.

We are talking of the days in 1960s-1980s, not present day as you seem to think. This theory is not dumb trust me, even independant reporters realised the relevance of that agitation and the brutal crackdown on Sikh nationalists. Off course grain is easy to get hold of now, but back in the days it was a different story. The saying that Punjab is or was the breadbasket of India wasnt produced out of thin air, it was a matter of fact . Both the akali dal and the Indian govt knew this hence why the akali's used grain as a tool to bargin with.

Sorry veerji, i take back my dumb comment, i would rather say it is not logical.

As cheap grain was and is readily available. Ever since creation of India, the center has tried to allienate punjab of water, if they cared so much for grain then whyw ould they want to suffocate punjab of water and create a desert land? This has been an attempt and so far it is successfull, punjab is sinking and the water reserves are drying.

All Issues aside, do we think not providing grain to rest of india reflects great on sikhs character. Sikhs have been known to feed hungry and destitute. Even khalsa living in jungles and fighting enemy would invite them for food. To me it makes no sense to keep millions hungry for political gains. Sikhs will get their nation by following sikh ideals and not by playing political gimmicks.

Also since this news is fom foreign media, it might be a trick by govt. to discredit the movement and show sikhs in bad light.

Sorry veerji, i take back my dumb comment, i would rather say it is not logical.

As cheap grain was and is readily available. Ever since creation of India, the center has tried to allienate punjab of water, if they cared so much for grain then whyw ould they want to suffocate punjab of water and create a desert land? This has been an attempt and so far it is successfull, punjab is sinking and the water reserves are drying.

Thats ok paji I didnt take any offence.

Your right about the water issue too but that is recent events only now is the effects and significance of diverting water being realised by the people of punjab, particularly the farmers.

Where is the water going though?

All Issues aside, do we think not providing grain to rest of india reflects great on sikhs character. Sikhs have been known to feed hungry and destitute. Even khalsa living in jungles and fighting enemy would invite them for food. To me it makes no sense to keep millions hungry for political gains. Sikhs will get their nation by following sikh ideals and not by playing political gimmicks.

Also since this news is fom foreign media, it might be a trick by govt. to discredit the movement and show sikhs in bad light.

With respect, It reflects good for living up to Sikh values. But in the end who cares about goodness if our nation or faith is under threat, in the end only adopting the tactics of the other side or out manvouring the enemy can azadi be achieved. Look at the examples of banda singh bhahudur and hari singh nawla who razed towns and villages to the ground of those helping the enemies of Sikhs. Their military and ruthlessness managed to establish the worlds first Sikh state within years it became the most powerful nation come empire in the region of the time.

Stopping grain produced by Sikhs from the punjab would have served as an effective non-violent method of bargining power but the Indian Govt proved to what low depths they are prepared to go. Stopping all means of protest or opposition therefore can they really complain when enslaved and powerless people take up arms and fight back, I would ask them.

On another issue the Sikh seperatist fighters were sitting ducks. Using 17th century techniques and uniform fighting against one of the worlds most powerful armies any wonder why it was crushed so easily when all amritdhari sikhs became legitimate targets. Looking at those also engaged fighting the Indian empire like the moaists of assam, they are well equiped with military uniforms.

Military camouflaged uniforms is one thing various forces for Khalistan lacked. I think I read somewhere that in the UN charter it states for a people fighting for freedom/indepedance they should have a uniform thats distinguishably from the ordinary civilan. Maybe if an armed struggle was to broke out again sometime in future. All the lessons should be learned.

No offence killah veer, but i dont approve of using enemy tactics in a war which denounce sikhism. Do you think what bhai kanahiya did was wrong? do you approve of wiping put temples and hindus in punjab? if you attain such a piece of nation, it wont have sound foundation and will surely crumble. Build a nation based on sikhs ethics. it might take longer, but will last longer as well. Khalsa never replicated the muslim tyrants. They stuck to their values even if that meant giving up their lives. But in the end they came victorious. Similarly time will come when we are strong in our sikhi.

Political circumstances at the moment do not favor any armed struggle besides the people deserve peace, that region has been plagued by violence for many years. But if violence was forced on the people through pakistani, Chinese or Indian aggression towards each other, which plunges the big nations in conflict. Then im sure they the time will come again for an armed struggle and people will take the oppertunity to break away.

No offence killah veer, but i dont approve of using enemy tactics in a war which denounce sikhism. Do you think what bhai kanahiya did was wrong? do you approve of wiping put temples and hindus in punjab? if you attain such a piece of nation, it wont have sound foundation and will surely crumble. Build a nation based on sikhs ethics. it might take longer, but will last longer as well. Khalsa never replicated the muslim tyrants. They stuck to their values even if that meant giving up their lives. But in the end they came victorious. Similarly time will come when we are strong in our sikhi.

hmm true, but when I was talking about adopting tactics, I was saying as in being ruthless with the legitimate military targets, proper training and military uniforms to combat the enemy troops effectively NOT adopting tactics that would harm innocent cilivians or go against the fundamentals of Sikhism.