Fareed, The Path Is Muddy, And The House Of My Beloved Is So Far Away

Gurbani is by Bhagat Sheikh Fareed Ji in Salok Fareed Jee on Ang 1379 of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj

PrIdw glIey ickVu dUir Gru nwil ipAwry nyhu ]

fareedhaa galeeeae chikarr dhoor ghar naal piaarae naehu

Fareed, the path is muddy, and the house of my Beloved is so far away.

clw q iBjY kMblI rhW q qutY nyhu ]24]

chalaa th bhijai ka(n)balee rehaa(n) th thuttai naehu 24

If I go out, my blanket will get soaked, but if I remain at home, then my heart will be broken. 24

iBjau isjau kMblI Alh vrsau myhu ]

bhijo sijo ka(n)balee aleh varaso maehu

My blanket is soaked, drenched with the downpour of the Lord's Rain.

jwie imlw iqnw sjxw qutau nwhI nyhu ]25]

jaae milaa thinaa sajanaa thutto naahee naehu 25

I am going out to meet my Friend, so that my heart will not be broken. 25

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/audio/Kirta...are%20muddy.mp3

d_oh.gif

papi:

gurbaani is so very deep but I can give you my personal take on this salok of sheikh Fareed ji.

Imagine it is snowing like crazy outside. over a foot of snow. Your parents are like, forget about going to gurdwara today, it is too dangerous. You have a yearning in your heart for sadh sangat, for sangat of gursikhs to sing the lord's praises. If you venture outside in your car, your car may slip, or even get stuck in the snow. But if you don't go, your sould will not get that fulfillment of sadh sangat, sangat of gursikhs singing shabad gurbaani.

So you are faced with your physical safety and the spiritual love between you and your guru. In this shabad, sheikh fareed ji chooses his beloved over himself. He chooses his heart over his body, which gets soaked in the rain.

sikhi is a game of love. All the bhagats in SGGS ji were the greatest lovers, lovers of God.

also gurbaani says that the path of dharm is difficult and very rare are those who venture onto it. Sheikh fareed ji chooses to venture on the path of his beloved, akaal purakh.

peace.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?Sour...amp;pageno=1379

it depends on how you interpret it but my humble view is if you read through the Ang of Maharaj you see Bhagat Fareed discusses false hopes, desires, envy, the fact that the body we have been granted will not last forever, the pain of seperation, etc. and more specifically in these two shabads he states there may be obstacles in the path of following your Beloved SatGuru that may seem bad but no obstacle or problem can compare to the pain of having a broken heart due to prolonged seperation from your Beloved Lord who loves youuu SO much. So whatever the obstacle - overcome it so you can be with the Lord - your True Friend.

whoops - just found mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan veer jee got there first - he put more thought into the reply so go with that :TH:

thank you. that helps a lot.....i was kind of thinking around the same lines.

but instead of thinking of these worldly difficulites i was like its all these bikaars that stop me.

thanks.