How To Find God, Where To Find Him,the Way To Moksha?

Brian.Singh

u see doing paarth during amrit vela (12.30am to 6.30am) is when heaven's doors are opened and God casts his/her gracious glance on you

Amritvela is betwwen 3am and 6am. I dont know where people try to sneak in 12 midnite thats the "middle" of the night.

We should rise in the last pehur of the night ie 3am till 6am. Next people will justify night as being Amritvela just so they dont have to wake up in certain times. It will be so they can stay up late and think that is doing Amritvela. You wake at Amritvela not stay up late do paath at 1 am before you go to bed and pretend it was Amritvela rolleyes.gif

Amritvela takes effort, most people are lazy with their sadhana.Recite mool mantar 125 times and recite Gurmantar 500 times before breakfast. Later on after Reharaas recite Gurmantar 500 times again. {Use a mala} :TH:

but it is true...it's between 12.30 and 6.00am ...but i hardly know anyone who reads the gurbani before 3 am...so i see ya point. And it is hard work, but then u get used to it...but it's such a wonderful feeling waking up at amrit vela!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
but it is true...it's between 12.30 and 6.00am

Its true to those that dont sleep before they do their midnite paath and then go to sleep like they have any discipline.

Amritvela isnt in the middle of the night. Amritvela is the last "pehur" of the night until sunrise.

The 24 hour periods are split into 8 segments unto certain raags are at certain times except 12am to 3am in which all Sikhs should be sleeping. Even at Sri Harmandir there is no paath and no kirtan played after Sukh Asan ceremony of GuruJi until 3am.

If you say 12:30 am to 6am is amritvela then I will have to boldly call you a liar and misleader. rolleyes.gif

If someone gets up at 12:30am to do paath then they sleep before Reharaas etc which is a requirment for Sikhs to recite.Think for once, if you got up at 12am you would be awake for 20 hours at 9pm. We naturually should sleep 5-6 hours no more no less.

The way it is laid out 3am-6am is the way the system works. We should be in the last part of the night then the full light of day and again at night to complete the cycle of Wahegurus system shown through Guru Nanaks teachings.

But I'd asked advice from only those who have some glimpses of Him, who have some sorta experience of Him, Who have treaded on this path or any of the paths for that matter, and found him or atleast have seen His reflextion (I hope u guys have not overlooked my statement)

With Love

Brian

What you are seeking cannot be fully conveyed through cyber words, You must seek the physical proximity of those select individuals. ie: Sangat. What is absorbed through cyberspace cannot compare to what is gained through close proximity of those who have seen and are seeing, those who are drowing and have drowned.

mY dishu mwrgu sMqho ikau pRBU imlweIAw ]

mai dhasihu maarag sa(n)theho kio prabhoo milaaeeaa ||

Show me the Path, O Saints. How can I meet God?

mnu Ariphu haumY qjhu iequ pMiQ julweIAw ]

man arapihu houmai thajahu eith pa(n)thh julaaeeaa ||

I dedicate my mind to Him, and renounce my ego. This is the Path which I shall take.

inq syivhu swihbu Awpxw sqsMig imlweIAw ]

nith saevihu saahib aapanaa sathasa(n)g milaaeeaa ||

Joining the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, I serve my Lord and Master continually.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3914